Are you a pet person.

If they swim, slither, prance, fly or just sleep on the couch with you, this is where you can tell us about your pets.

Are you a pet person.

Postby Sandra » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:18 pm

Are you a pet person, have you always had animals round about you, I love dogs and cats are ok I suppose :wink: and horses.
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:25 pm

I've never had a dog, but always wanted either a chocolate brown Labradog or a Weimaraner.... they are both beautiful critters. I've had two cats which I loved to bits and was heart broken when they went up to that great big hearth in the sky but the only reason I had cats in the first place was to keep OTHER cats out of my vegetable garden ! I am still hankering after a hedgehog but haven't yet learned enough about how to look after them properly. Last winter I had a pet spider (sorry Bea) which I called Dusty cos s/he seemed to eat all the barffy dust in my lounge..... hehe
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Valleysailor » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:17 pm

I am very much a pet person as should be evidenced by the number of photos I have posted of GiGi. My husband and I dote on her like a child, buy her toys when we shop, arrange vacations at pet-friendly locations, drop $40-50. every other month on visits for her to the pooty parlor to have her hair cut and her nails trimmed and her teeth brushed. She is very much a part of our family and as loved as any child.
There is no education in the second kick of the mule.
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Postby StVandal » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:35 pm

I like cats and dogs equally. Cats are independent, affectionate, and don't smell bad, and dogs definitely have lovable personalities and are lots of fun to play with. If I had a choice, though, I think I'd get a snow leopard.
Cute!
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:28 pm

Well, it sure looks pretty, but I suspect we would soon have an ex Vandalman on our hands (or even never to be seen again) if you let one of those darlings loose in your home.....

Did you know that another name for the Snow Leopard is the Ounce ? See what quality information is available on this site ?? hehe
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby StVandal » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:12 pm

Well, they're pretty small.. I'm pretty sure I could take one in a fist fight. haha..
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby salamandrina » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:50 pm

Love them
Alain had a cat when I moved in with him
The family were I was Au Pair here in brussels ahd a little yorkshire dog and a cat too(and a Hamster)
When I was a child Ihad once rabbit.
freedom
salamandrina
Bad Seed

Postby chicklin » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:36 am

I've always had animals around me since I was about 9yrs old until about 5yrs ago. When my last dog (English Bull Terrier) had to be put to sleep with heart failure - we were so upset we never felt we wanted another one. Then our lives changed and it didn't seem to be the right time to get another one - we were all out too much and it wouldn't have been fair to get one.

So now after years of pet ownership we only have tropical fish! And much as I loved my dog - I didn't realise how much extra mess they make till till I no longer had one!! lol!

Over the years we've had all sorts - dogs, cats, rats, mice, hamsters, gerbils, rabbits, ferrets, fish, budgies, canaries, and a pig!
Karma will always come back and get you so be nice to everyone
chicklin
Trapped Under Ice

Postby pilvikki » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:43 pm

lots of pets! never a perfectly clean house...
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Return to Pets