Dead Cat problem

If they swim, slither, prance, fly or just sleep on the couch with you, this is where you can tell us about your pets.

Dead Cat problem

Postby Bedford » Sat May 05, 2007 1:06 pm

I had just returned to my house, and as I was parking in my normal spot, a cat was layign dead right where my front left tire usually goes. Doesn't look like it was killed by being ran over (thankfully), but I do kinda need to get rid of it. I wouldn't mind letting whoever owns it know about the cat's passing, but that may be a can of worms I don't want to open.

What is the best way to remove the body?
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby Makinamess » Sat May 05, 2007 1:27 pm

With respect hopefully ! That was a living, intelligent, sentient creature before it died, so it deserves a little respect. You could get a blanket or piece of fabric and gently lift the cat onto the fabric and wrap it up, then take it back to its owner (if you know who the owner is). If you don't want to touch the cat, you should call the equivalent of the RSPCA (I think it is called the ASPCA in your part of the world) and ask for their advice.
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Bedford » Sat May 05, 2007 6:54 pm

Makinamess wrote:...intelligent, sentient creature before it died.

It's neither of the genus Homo, nor of the order Sphenisciformes, so it was not intelligent or sentient.

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby meadow » Mon May 07, 2007 9:04 am

how about you tell a neighbor and ask them to please take care of it for you. it's obvious you have no respect for other living [or ones that were previously so] creatures other than penguins or humans. they will be able to give that poor cat a proper and respectful removal that isn't just dumping in a trash can or worse.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Mon May 07, 2007 10:25 am

Actually, I scooped it up with a spade and laid it underneath a spruce tree in my back yard. We keep it unmowed as it keeps unwanted visitors from the projects out of our backyard. (The family has lived here for 60 years, but 35 years ago they decided to make projects behind us.)

It was drawing flies, and was in my way; I don't want to run it over, but I also want to aprk where I usually do.

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby chicklin » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:39 am

Bedford wrote:
Makinamess wrote:...intelligent, sentient creature before it died.

It's neither of the genus Homo, nor of the order Sphenisciformes, so it was not intelligent or sentient.

Bedford - If you say this in all seriousness I take it you've never had a cat as a pet then?

If you had, you would know they can be very intelligent, and they most certainly are sentient...
Karma will always come back and get you so be nice to everyone
chicklin
Trapped Under Ice

Postby Bedford » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:18 pm

They also make great improvised weapons. If someone attacks you, and a cat's around, quickly grab them by the tail and throw the cat at your attacker. They'd get clawed and you can get away to safety. :teach:

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby meadow » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:25 pm

WTF? :shock:

i certainly hope you do not "own" any animals, pets or otherwise. i fear the sort of treatment you'd give them!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:44 pm

WHat do you mean? I play football with daschunds all the time...they play the part of footballs. :biggrin:

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby angel » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:06 am

your sad attempt of being "funny" is amongst the most pathetic attempts ever made in that direction.
understanding is a three edged sword.
your side, their side, and the truth.
angel
Hero Of The Day

Postby solana » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:00 pm

wow

some things never change
.fcv/v"
solana
Hero Of The Day

Postby Valleysailor » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:28 am

I'm not a cat person, but I don't find much humor in this thread either. It was a living creature, for Cripe's sake.
There is no education in the second kick of the mule.
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Postby meadow » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:42 am

exactly. *shudder*
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Return to Pets