Top 10 Future Places to Visit

Be it photography, gardening, stamp collecting, or arts and crafts. Tell us about it here.

Top 10 Future Places to Visit

Postby Bedford » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:53 pm

My favorite hobby is to travel. I've been to most everywhere in the USA. Here is my Top 10 lists of places I wish to go to for the first time

10) Hawaii
9) Western Canada
8) Falklands
7) Japan
6) Britain
5) Eastern Antilles
4) Australia
3) New England
2) NYC
1) Alaska
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby Linda » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:22 am

Hmmm...that one really makes you think.

10) Hungary (home of my ancestors)
9) South Africa
8) China
7) California
6) London (I was there once, but only for a day)
5) Nepal
4) Hawaii
3) Cape Cod
2) Edinburgh
1) Many places in England (historical places that I've only read about)
Linda

Postby Tamisita » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:01 pm

10) Japan
9) China
8) Germany
7) New Zealand
6) Boston
5) Chicago
4) Ireland
3) England
2) Canada
1) Antarctica
To the world you may be one person. But to one person you may be the world.
Tamisita
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:26 pm

Antarctica is also on my list; it just isn't the ten highest.

If you go to Chicago, be forewarned that parking downtown can be impossible to find. My favorite thing about Chicago is this grocery store in Niles on Gold Road, close to a Taco Bell. It has all the makings of a potential Iron Chef episode.

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby Tamisita » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:10 pm

Well, my plans are to attend UIC once I graduate this upcoming school year. I'm gonna be amazed by many things in Chicago...I'm from a very small town...the population in the nearest town is 508...the population where I live is maybe 40. So...I'll be amazed.
To the world you may be one person. But to one person you may be the world.
Tamisita
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:36 pm

Here's some more info for you on Chicago. If I am heading for someplace north of Chicago, it is quicker to just go straight through downtown Chicago rather than use the Tri-state, as traffic is often stalled due to the many toll plazas on the Tristate. However, I never go through Chicago during rush hours. Also, no matter which evening you may head into Chicago, traffic will often be at a standstill due to so many people trying to come into the city for its nightlife.

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby Sarah » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:04 pm

Tamisita, if you come to Chicago, we will HAVE to go out on the town sometime! I love it.
Sarah
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Bedford » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:19 pm

As far as places to go back, I have to say Nassau and Seattle are tops on the list. Well, right now Philadelphia would be, but that's just so I get that job.

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby Nathaniel » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:20 pm

For me it's this

10 Japan
9 England
8 Ireland
7 China
6 Czech Republic (My forefather was burned at the marketplace there, he was a Catholic priest, rather famous...)
5 France (My mother is a descendant of French nobility)
4 Italy
3 Spain
2 USA (somewhere, don't know where yet.)
1 Scotland
"Homophobia - the irrational fear that homosexuals will move in and rearrange your furniture against your will."
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Bedford » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:29 pm

Having been to 42 of the 50 states, just tell me more of your interests, and I can probably tell you the perfect place for you. I'd imagine that you'd like Seattle.

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby Nathaniel » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:27 pm

Why do you imagine I would like Seattle?

I love to walk in dark, silent places, woods with huge oak-trees and just think. I like sitting on benches reading poetry. I like swimming, but not in the ocean. I'm afraid of large amounts of water. I love dancing, or just sitting, drinking wine. I love jazz, but the slow type. I am also fond of metal and rock, so if the place has some kind of metal/goth-nightclub, I'd be very happy and content. I'm not so fond of crowded places or overly large cities. Oslo is too big for me. I'm afraid of humans in general.
I love nature. I love to walk in large fields covered in flowers, and to have picnic in the open. I am very romantic... That can be a problem sometimes. :(
"Homophobia - the irrational fear that homosexuals will move in and rearrange your furniture against your will."
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Bedford » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:44 pm

Seattle has a similar social climate to Norway. Save for the fact its a big city, it has many of the features you like. Washington has beautiful scenery, and Seattle is the home of grunge rock and Starbucks coffee. If being in a big city is a real hold up, then Maine might be a good place for you. Lots of woods, lots of beauty, and a laid back attitude. Plus, you are relatively close enough to Boston to get some of its culture.

As a Pisces, I'm sometimes more romantic-minded than the women I'm interested in, so I know what it's like to be overly romantic.

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby Nathaniel » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:09 am

I'm a Leo, I shouldn't be so romantic, or afraid of people. I'm weird.

Ahhh! I've read too much Stephen King to go to Maine!
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Bedford » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:07 am

Nathaniel wrote:Ahhh! I've read too much Stephen King to go to Maine!

Well, I guess you have to make a Stand somewhere concerning that.

Sorry, I'm getting carried away. :rimshot:

Then, maybe you'd like Milwaukkee/Green Bay. Those cities are not as large, and Wisconsin has beuatiful outdoors as well.

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby Nathaniel » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:42 am

Hmm... I'll do some research. Sounds nice, though.
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

It's

Postby StVandal » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:41 pm

I can think of a few good reasons why Seattle pretty much rocks. It's not a big, big city. It's actually kinda small, but bigger than any other city in the northwest. I've been all over the US (except the deep south) and I settled on Seattle because of the people, the climate, night life and all the fun there is here. Starbucks is from here, true, but only the yuppies around here are proud to admit that. Oh, and there's Ballard, the Norwegian area of town..
http://www.inballard.com/Webroot/index_6.shtml
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Silke » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:15 pm

if I ever go to US... I don't go to find Norway...
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Nathaniel » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:13 am

If I ever go abroad I don't go to find Norway either. It's better to stay at home, then...
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Bedford » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:54 am

Then just don't go to EPCOT. :D

Of course, wherever I happen to be, I'm free to give tours. It might be Louisville, it might be Philadelphia, and hopefully, it might be Dayton.

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby meadow » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:59 pm

i've been blessed to have been to 41 out of 50 states including Hawai'i and most of the larger cities around the United States. it's all so gorgeous. i've lived in 8 different states and am getting ready for my 9th! i also have traveled twice in the last year-ish to Japan. equally gorgeous!

my top ten are:
1) Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
2) Mumbai, India
3) Shangai, China
4) Tasmania
5) London, England
6) Athens, Greece
7) Italy
8) Egypt
9) The Seychelles
10) Tahiti

as you can tell...i like hotter and drier weather. :)
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Next

Return to Hobbies