Googling yourself??

Be it photography, gardening, stamp collecting, or arts and crafts. Tell us about it here.

Googling yourself??

Postby Valleysailor » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:13 pm

So have you ever googled yourself just to see what the heck is out there on the www about you? At his request, my husband (who does not internet) asked me to google him. I found this story posted by some car and driver guy who was apparently on the ship with him when he was a Navy boxer. He was really weirded out about, but I thought it was pretty cool.
This is what we found:

"Way back in 1971 when I was stationed in Charleston, SC onboard USS Orion we had a guy who was waiting to go to Norfolk to join the Navy Boxing team. His name was Rusty Fickling. He grew-up in North Charleston and boxed at Park Circle in the 147 lb. class. During an AAU tourney he missed a left hook and broke the guys upper arm in 3 places whith 8-ounce gloves on!
We went to Tuckers one night to shoot pool and stoped at the Winchester Bar on Spruill Ave. on the way back. Some AA heavy weight wrestler who was bragging on his stuff. Well, Rusty was bragging on his stuff and the wrestler said something like...you might be some great boxer but when I get my hands on you I'll break both your arms..then what you gonna do.
To which Rusty replied...and I quote:

"If you start to move on me, before you can get off that bar stole I'll hit you three times and you will be dead-out on the floor with multiple broken bones in your face."

The wrestler began his move...Rusty hit him 3 times...put him on the floor totally unconscious for more than 5 minutes. Broken nose, cheek bone and eye socket."

Kind of weird for a car & driver forum, huh??? Even weirder to read about yourself in the third person??

http://web6.caranddriver.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=76276&pageNo=4
There is no education in the second kick of the mule.
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:43 pm

I have found myself on foreign language websites and as a contributor to websites I have never been on as they copied what I put elsewhere on their site, but still accredited me.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby pilvikki » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:10 pm

i got a bit of a shock when i checked mine.... i'm pretty opinionated on some subjects, yes....
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Sandra » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:46 pm

Apparently I'm a real estate agent in Palm Beach, Florida. I wish :cool:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby AJRC_CS » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:24 am

Apparently i'm an associate professor of electrical engineering at Columbia University. :teach:
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Return to Hobbies