trains and such (<= typo there)

Be it photography, gardening, stamp collecting, or arts and crafts. Tell us about it here.

trains and such (<= typo there)

Postby angel » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:33 am

this is just awesome! it takes a while to load, but it is well worth it. the last pics are definitely worth watching.
understanding is a three edged sword.
your side, their side, and the truth.
angel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Makinamess » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:54 am

Wow ! What a brilliant place, thanks for the link. I am so jealous of the folk who got to build all those scenes hehe. My next door neighbour's two little girls had a huge doll's house and I had a fantastic time helping to kit it all out for them - making the wee curtains and soft furnishings as well as tiny little lace curtains and lace edgings for the tablecloths and bedding. Getting everything to the right scale is the really tricky part :lol:

Some of those scenes were so funny - I loved the poor cyclist on the suspension bridge as well as the very last scene :biggrin:
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby StVandal » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:12 am

That reminds me of another post where I was experimenting with miniaturizing real scenes in Photoshop.. I turned out not to be too great at it..

My first attempt at Seattle:
(not too good, admittedly)

And my attempt at some hill in Spain:
(better, but much too bleached out, I think)

Here's an excellent one of the Hauptbahnhof, Hamburg rail station done by someone else with a much newer version of photoshop:
It's best viewed <a href="http://static.flickr.com/48/119920052_bf8f451419_o.jpg">in it's full glory</a>. Yeah, that's not a toy trainset.. it's the real station.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Return to Hobbies