Spring gardening

Be it photography, gardening, stamp collecting, or arts and crafts. Tell us about it here.

Spring gardening

Postby Valleysailor » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:42 pm

so yesterday I spent pretty much ALL day working in my yard. This is how it looked yesterday evening. I am very pleased ... care to join me for a cold beverage on the back porch??
There is no education in the second kick of the mule.
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Postby Valleysailor » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:44 pm

and here is my BEAUTIFUL dogwood tree!!
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Postby Makinamess » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:48 pm

That is a lovely place VS ! Here in the UK, a *yard* is just a scrap of wasteground or concreted area, not a pretty garden. I'll bring some Stella and food over as well !
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby ohlia » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:39 pm

I can see you are ready for the Summer barbecues. :banana: :coolguy:
That's a great photo you took of the dogwood in blossom, it's beautiful.
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Skinjob » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:16 pm

Valleysailor,

You are a nice person. I love the picture of the Dogwood, and also all those little faces from the Pansies looking toward the camera. Your pictures give me warm fuzzy feelings toward life and the beauty all around. Thank you.
Sixty miles per gallon? Not really. Cheap? Nope. Phoney and stupid? Yes, the Prius is global warming on 4 wheels.
Skinjob
Hero Of The Day

Postby StVandal » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:42 am

I've got some Stella, too. I'll bring some and join you and Messy by the dogwood tree. :D
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Valleysailor » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:13 pm

Skinjob wrote:Valleysailor,

You are a nice person. I love the picture of the Dogwood, and also all those little faces from the Pansies looking toward the camera. Your pictures give me warm fuzzy feelings toward life and the beauty all around. Thank you.

Aww, that's so sweet of you to say... I love the little pansies, too. They rarely survive past May here in SC because of the heat. The dogwood always says Spring to me and I remember the Easter story about how it grows bent so it can't ever be used for a crucifix again and how the petals represent Christ's wounds and the middle of the flower represents the crown of thorns. I really REALLY love Spring.

For the rest of you guys, bring it ON! We always have something good cooking on the grill and it's never too early or too late for a cold brewski!
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Postby Valleysailor » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:17 pm

Here, skinjob, this one is for you! They really DO look like they are smiling for the camera!

Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Return to Hobbies