What's for dinner?

Be you a gourmet or a gourmand, this is the place to share recipes, stories, and experiences.

Postby Valleysailor » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:32 am

Tonight's menu is grilled salmon over a nice little Mediterranian salad (baby spinach, plum tomatos, orzo, artichoke hearts, Feta cheese, black olives, canned French fried onions).
There is no education in the second kick of the mule.
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Postby Makinamess » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:45 pm

Ohhhh, I didn't know we were still doing this ..... hehe. Tonight I'm having vegetable biryani (like an indian risotto) with mushroom and potato curry, plus a lentil dahl on the side ... I made a huge batch of all of these on Sunday and they were absolutely gorgeous - which is why I am still tucking into a portion tonight instead of freezing it :lol: When I get around it to, I'll post recipes and piccies :)
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Valleysailor » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:38 pm

chopped Italian pasta salad with fresh bread croutons and a nice light lemon sorbet and raspberry cookies for dessert - - m-m-m-m-m!!
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Postby mdlvettechie » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:33 pm

well I was gonna make hot dogs and mac and cheese, but decided to walk down the street, pick up a pizza and walk back home. Fresh air always feels good.
"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
-- Immanuel Kant

"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” Kahlil Gibran 1883-1931
mdlvettechie
Frantic

Postby meadow » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:08 am

tonight is Friday night and Tif's night to pick a "junk food" dinner to have. most likely it will consist of delish DELIVERED Chinese food. in Springfield, they do not EVER deliver Chinese. it's retarded and frustrating when you do not have a car!

so tonight will be egg drop soup, crab rangoons and egg roll for her. i'll be having some kind of chicken and veggies over white rice. with a little shrimp lo mein to go with it. i also have an egg roll and a few rangoons too. some of you might call those "cheese dumplings" or "crab puffs". :)
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby MatthewH » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:11 am

Sausage mash and beans tonight

slurpppppppppppppp :cool:
I LOURRRRVE Panic! at the Disco!!!!
MatthewH
Helpless

Postby Bedford » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:51 pm

A chicken. cheese, broccoli, and rice combo from Banquet.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby Valleysailor » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:13 am

I'm trying a new recipe: Southwest Tamale Pie. It's basically ground beef, onions, chopped green chilies and a little taco seasoning, browned and drained. To that add, a can of drained sliced black olives, a cup of frozen corn, and a dash of Tabasco. Place all that in a oven-proof skillet and sprinkle with some Cheddar cheese. Top all that with a box of Jiffy cornbread mixed with an egg and about 1/3 c. milk. Bake 25 minutes at 400 degrees until cornbread is done. Then sprinkle with a little more grated Cheddar.
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Postby Makinamess » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:46 pm

I'm in a curry mood again ! Tonight (and probably tomorrow night as well) I shall be having:- Yummy potatoes, pilau rice, mushroom dupiazo and a paratha (all home made, in my own kitchen, not from the take-away hehe). The pilau rice has carrot, onion, courgette, celery, garlic, lemon grass, ginger and green chillies as well as turmeric and a little cayenne pepper).
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Bedford » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:25 pm

We had Mom's potato soup tonight. Easter was a great meal. Mom had a chicken w/ mozzarella topped with bacon, with mash potatoes for our Easter dinner. Delish.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby Valleysailor » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:55 pm

Fizzy chicken with lemon vinegrette & zucchini & carrot ribbons - recipe will be posted tomorrow. It sounds YUMMY!! :woot2:
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Postby Valleysailor » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:12 pm

Tonight the little dog and I have the house all to our selves, so we are having Little Caesar's $5. hot and ready pepperoni pizza!!
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Previous

Return to Food