Can you cook?

Be you a gourmet or a gourmand, this is the place to share recipes, stories, and experiences.

Can you cook?

Postby ohlia » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:45 pm

Can you cook? If so how did you learn?
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Bedford » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:30 pm

I can if I want to. Mom taught me when I was young, although I'd rather just nuke something and be done with it.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby Makinamess » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:04 pm

I had to learn how to cook - my mother passed away when I was fairly young (14) and there was no one else around to feed the rest of the family, so it sort of ended up in my hands. Nowadays I actually enjoy trying new recipes and foodstuffs (so long as they don't involve the killing of animals). I don't think you can ever have too much knowledge about this sort of survival stuff...
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby ohlia » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:44 pm

I’ve always loved to cook and experiment with different food ingredients. Being the eldest of eight children I’ve had to help out a lot in the home especially in the kitchen; I’ve learned by helping my mum and grandmother.
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Valleysailor » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:08 am

I love to cook and learned at the hand of my mom and my grandmother. I was an only child and my mom thought it pretty cool having a little helper in the kitchen. I cook nearly every evening for my family and they think it's nice that I like to experiment on them - well, I like to try out new recipes.
There is no education in the second kick of the mule.
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Return to Food