home breadmaker

Be you a gourmet or a gourmand, this is the place to share recipes, stories, and experiences.

home breadmaker

Postby MargeC » Wed May 23, 2007 1:36 pm

i have just bought one. know any good recipes?
MargeC
Frantic

Postby Makinamess » Wed May 23, 2007 2:45 pm

Yep, I've got loads....

Come on Marge, you did not ask me to provide recipes, just did I know any good ones... hehe
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Mon May 28, 2007 2:24 pm

Messy is feeling a bit guilty now, the lad has just bought a new toy and asks for recipes and what do we do ? ignore him :lol: ok, here's my advice (I'm on Breadmaker No 3) - try the recipe booklet that comes with the machine and then adjust the quantitites to suit your tastes. I've got a Panasonic and they always suggest far too much water for me, so I now poke a clean finger into the dough after it's been mixed up and if it seems a bit sticky, I just add a couple of tablespoons of flour. If it's a dry mix, I simply add a couple of tablespoons of water and let it carry on mixing and proving.

I often use olive oil instead of the butter recommended (1 tbsp oil = 1 oz butter). I have had the best results when I've used the machine to make up the dough but then baked the loaf in a conventional oven (in a greased bread tin at 225 deg C for half an hour). Mind you, that first couple of slices are absolutely effing fantastic, no matter how the bread was cooked..... yummy... :lol:
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sarah » Mon May 28, 2007 4:58 pm

mmm feel free to send me a taste when you bake some up marge!
Hope for the best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.
Sarah
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby MargeC » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:34 am

Sarah wrote:mmm feel free to send me a taste when you bake some up marge!

sure thing, pm me your address. I'll need to use my courier though because it's all in the freshness and I don't add preservatives that one takes for granted in regular bread.
There are no two ways about it: this is simply the best thing I have ever bought. It becomes a total pain in the ass though: I measure it all out, put the stuff in, it mixes it all up (a process that I still like to watch how sad am I), bakes it to perfection, and then what? Someone wolfs it! It lasts like 4 hours!
Have gone through the various suggested recipes, thank you messy, but nothing compares to Hovis Granary malted, mmmmmmmmm, my god, I could eat a whole loaf toasted in one sitting. I have made pizza also, with surpisingly good results.
*BUY*ONE*OF*THESE*
They pay for themselves in 60 uses, and you can delay timer them, wake up to freshly made bread.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
MargeC
Frantic

Postby Makinamess » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:23 pm

Cheese Bread - Use normal white loaf programme (about 4 hours)
2 tsp dried fast acting yeast
500 g strong white bread flour
1 tbsp sugar
150 g grated strong/mature cheddar
2 tsp salt
1 tsp dried mustard powder
300 ml water

If you are a cheese fiend, then about 1/2 hour from the end of the baking, sprinkle another ounce (28g) of grated cheddar over the top of the bread.

Pizza Dough - use pizza dough programme (about 45 minutes)
1/2 tsp dried fast acting yeast
300 g strong white bread flour
1/2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
200 ml water

This is probably enough to make about 3 large 12" pizzas. Roll out 1/3 of the dough on a floured surface to about 12" dia and place on a well oiled baking tray. Turn your oven on to its highest setting. Leave the dough to prove until doubled in size, then stretch it back to the edges of the tray. Smear about 3 tbsp of tomato pasta sauce over the base, add your toppings (eg sliced mushrooms, chopped peppers, chillies and onion and small pieces of mozzarella cheese or whatever you like on said pizza). Pop into a seriously hot oven for some 10 minutes or so until golden brown. Eat.

Asda do a lovely chilli pasta sauce that is just perfect for a slightly spicy pizza - just a bit of a kick in there! Of course, you could make your own pizza sauce but that's another post :)
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Return to Food