Help messy

Be you a gourmet or a gourmand, this is the place to share recipes, stories, and experiences.

Help messy

Postby Sandra » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:32 pm

The mad hormone pill things I take have gained me 5lbs, I think they tricking my body into thinking it's pregnant :confused: .
I'm not a happy bunny :evil: I've joined the fat club again to see if I can get some good recipes and some inspiration, but then I thought Karen is the woman to help me out. My clothes still fit but getting a bit snug if you know what I mean. :shock:

Help me eat healthy again and stop pigging out like someone eating for two please :D :]
Last edited by Sandra on Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:45 pm

since you asked this out in the forum i'm going to give my advice. :tongue:

first, start READING the labels of everything you buy. pay attention for things that contain a lot of trans-fats [partially hydrogeanted oils], artificial sweetners, high fructose corn syrup or anything you can't spell or pronounce!!!!

then stop eating those things. hit up Wikipedia or good ol' Google for information on those food additives. finding out the truth of what they do to your body will make you consider what kinds of food you want to be eating! you might discover that you might be allergic to a certain kind of food you didn't know previously. a lot of people discover bloating as a symptom from that sort of thing.

also, i would recommend you bolster up all your vitamin supplements. in light of your recent medical issues, i would recommend lots of "green foods" supplements. they come in powder form and you add them to a smoothie or shake.

my favorite "treat" is one that has low to no fat and tastes so decadent. i'm going to give you the basic one but feel free to add any fruit or fruit juice that you think will sound good to you. you can make every kind of combination but this is my personal favorite!!! sorry it's not metric but i can't for the life of me remember what the conversions are. i suck, i know. ;) make sure you don't buy yogurt with sugar/artificial sweetners!

you will need:
a blender
ice cubes [ if using FRESH not FROZEN fruits]
8 oz. cup of PLAIN UNFLAVORED yogurt
big handful of frozen strawberries
1 medium banana
8 oz. orange juice
2 TBS. of honey
scoop of green foods supplement

put it all in the blender and make it creamy and frothy.

now, i love to add blueberries, raspberries added with pineapple juice. add more, add less but most of all...wing it!

this is something that feels like an ice cream shake but doesn't have the calories, sugar, fat or any of the other crap you don't want. :)

if you give me a more specific idea of what kinds of food you like i can give you tons of easy recipes. i'm not vegetarian so i can give you recipes with meat and that sort of thing in them as well.

good luck! just remember to make sure to read every label and KNOW what you are putting in your body first. that will probably create a big change in what you want to eat.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Makinamess » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:58 am

Sandra - presumably the *mad hormonal tabs* have affected your metabolism which is why you've put on a little weight, so you need to find out how to kick that back into action - I would recommend more exercise as well as including foodstuffs that fill you up for longer periods of time - pulses (beans, lentils), grains (porridge, cracked wheat, barley) and if you get the mood for a nibble, have healthy snacks like carrots, apples etc around. Because you've not been very well lately, I suspect that you've not been so active, which hasn't helped but as you start to feel better you'll soon be back in the swing of things and the weight will drop off. You should mention this to your GP or Consultant - they will be familiar with the problem and can give you some proper advice that is suitable for you !
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:02 pm

Thanks meadow and Messy, I very much appreciate it :biggrin:

Makinamess wrote:You should mention this to your GP or Consultant - they will be familiar with the problem and can give you some proper advice that is suitable for you !

:shock: are you not my consultant then :wink:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Return to Food