Yummy!

Be you a gourmet or a gourmand, this is the place to share recipes, stories, and experiences.

Yummy!

Postby bermbits » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:02 pm

Have you ever laughed so hard your eyes started tearing and you couldn't talk but could only make pathetic squealing noises as you tried to form and speak words?

Me either...

Actually, that happened to me yesterday as I walked into the room where my wife and daughter were watching "Fear Factor." I didn't pay it much attention as there was probably a police chase show or something else on. I did hear my wife say she'd had enough and couldn't watch it anymore. Seems the contestants were required to eat a certain number of inches of horse rectum; the lady I glimpsed when I passed through was trying to scarf down thirteen inches. I didn't remain long enough to see if she made it or not.

So, assuming most of us know the range of what would be considered relatively what "normal" cuisine, what's the strangest or most disgusting thing you have ever eaten?
:hungry:
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby mdkilmer » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:06 pm

Probably snails (escargot). Which, to my surprise, I found to be quite good.

But I adore small, defenseless animals-- preferably in a good rich gravy. :lol:
<b>"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."</b>

...Albert Schweitzer
mdkilmer
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:49 pm

hmm...i ate calamari once. that's about it. i'm not big on meat and i definitely do not ever eat anything that i don't know exactly what it is.

no amount of money would ever make me eat the things on those stupid shows. people are not only totally stupid but greedy as well. no thanks, i'll be a broke ass ho' without intestinal parasites or worse!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Return to Food