mmmmmmmm bread maker

Be you a gourmet or a gourmand, this is the place to share recipes, stories, and experiences.

Postby Sandra » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:26 am

MargeC wrote:http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4223979.htm

BAR

GIN

I like the drop down paddle idea.

I was looking at that at first and thinking 'gin in a cake', then I realised (stupid me)

cheers, anything else I can get while I'm there, I was going to buy a crock pot, as Whiffey was going on about one of them this morning, (you could be a salesman for argos) :biggrin:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:38 am

They didn't have one in the Cumbernauld branch :roll: so it's getting delivered from the Airdrie branch on Tuesday 'yay', thanks again :biggrin:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby MargeC » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:52 am

cumbernauld has shops????
Bad Seed
MargeC
Frantic

Postby Sandra » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:59 am

MargeC wrote:cumbernauld has shops????

I know shocking eh, we are in with the times you know, we have a brand spanking new shopping mall called the Antonine Centre :biggrin: (it's crap)
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:38 am

'YaY, bread maker has arrived. Messy or Marge can I use any flour I like, or is there a particular one that is better.... I can't believe how excited I am about making my own bread :D
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby ohlia » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:43 am

Congratulations on becoming a proud bread maker owner! :lol: It's so nice to have freshly baked bread each day.

Hello bread maker! Good bye diet!! :biggrin:

I give away my machine because I was eating a loaf a day :shock:
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:40 pm

As I mentioned above (page 1), you do need the right sort of flour to get the best results:-

Makinamess wrote:
PPS Don't forget to buy some strong bread flour and fast acting yeast while you are out ! I'm sure you've got the rest of any necessary ingredients (:lol:) in your cupboard .....
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:52 pm

ohlia wrote:Congratulations on becoming a proud bread maker owner! :lol: It's so nice to have freshly baked bread each day.

Hello bread maker! Good bye diet!! :biggrin:

I give away my machine because I was eating a loaf a day :shock:

Thankyou Ohlia, I'll need to be looking at recipes for low fat bread lol. I'm sure messy will have a few up her sleeve. :biggrin:

Makinamess wrote:As I mentioned above (page 1), you do need the right sort of flour to get the best results:-
]

oh messy, you can be quite a sarkywoman :tongue:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:29 am

My apologies, Sandra, sarkiness was definitely not intended there :oops:

For low fat bread - just use very little fat/oil in the ingredients ! Most of the recipes in the booklets suggest some butter but I prefer olive oil - just a a couple of teaspoons per 500g loaf is fine but I'd recommend you follow some of the basic recipes to the letter first, in order to get to know your machine. When you are confident, then start experimenting ! For instance, I found that they suggested far too much sugar, so I cut that down by half, plus I removed the milk powder as I didn't find it made any difference to the taste or texture. When I had a basic loaf exactly as I liked it, then I started playing around by adding other ingredients :)
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:35 pm

Makinamess wrote:My apologies, Sandra, sarkiness was definitely not intended there :oops:

For low fat bread - just use very little fat/oil in the ingredients ! Most of the recipes in the booklets suggest some butter but I prefer olive oil - just a a couple of teaspoons per 500g loaf is fine but I'd recommend you follow some of the basic recipes to the letter first, in order to get to know your machine. When you are confident, then start experimenting ! For instance, I found that they suggested far too much sugar, so I cut that down by half, plus I removed the milk powder as I didn't find it made any difference to the taste or texture. When I had a basic loaf exactly as I liked it, then I started playing around by adding other ingredients :)

:oops: I was kidding you on, see you and that marge, I never know what way to take you :roll:

thanks for the recipe, I'm going to give bread making a bash tomorrow, I'll let you know how I get on :D
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:05 pm

Just to help you along the breadmaker route, Sandra, here's one I made earlier :biggrin:

Brown Bread
1 tsp dried, fast acting yeast
500g strong brown flour
1 tbsp sugar
25g butter
1½ tsp salt
300 ml water

You might want to check after about an hour in the machine if the dough needs more water or more flour. The original recipe in the booklet specified 350 ml water and also included 1½ tbsp milk powder but I find it makes no difference to the taste if milk powder is included. As it has been rather damp here, I thought I'd start with a lot less water which worked out lovely and here is the very tasty result:-

Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:15 pm

messy would you please get back here and tell me how the h*ll my bread keeps coming out like this :evil: I'm following it to a T, it tastes good but doesn't look good....help :roll:

(and don't dare laugh MargeC) lol
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Previous

Return to Food