Cooking Disasters.

Be you a gourmet or a gourmand, this is the place to share recipes, stories, and experiences.

Cooking Disasters.

Postby Sandra » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:38 am

Have you ever had a major cooking disaster? A meal totally ruined, nothing could save it from the bin. What were you making and what went wrong? :biggrin:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:47 am

i was baking a good friend a fully homemade chocolate cake for her birthday. the kitchen of the place i lived in was very small and cramped.

well...i set the cake out to cool a little more while i made the chocolate frosting on a nice little plate. and i turned around to start the frost.

and because the kitchen was so small but my ass was so big?

yep. the cake fell and broke all over my damn clean kitchen floor!!! :sad:

and i didn't have the money to make another cake or the time. i made her some brownies instead and told her the story. she laughed for a good half hour! it was pretty funny but i was so fricking pissed off that i didn't have the damn room to do two things at once!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Sandra » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:38 pm

meadow wrote:i was baking a good friend a fully homemade chocolate cake for her birthday.

I was baking a cake one time also for a friend, I put all the ingredients into the processor and forgot to put the lid on :shock: lol, you should of seen my kitchen, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:34 pm

:hysterical: oh my! that's HILARIOUS!!!

i've had so many kitchen mishaps i can't even recall all of them! i've dropped full dinners all over the table, set and ready, with everyone sitting there!!! i've dropped cookies, pies, brownies and cakes on the floor, bumped them into counters and dropped them onto counters.

yeah, i'm totally clumsy!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby ohlia » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:12 pm

Many years ago the pressure cooker head flew of and the ceiling, walls, everywhere was a disastrous mess. :brickwall:
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:26 pm

ohlia wrote:Many years ago the pressure cooker head flew of and the ceiling, walls, everywhere was a disastrous mess. :brickwall:

:oops: :oops: I've done that before....ended up ordering in take-away lol
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:46 pm

been there, done it...

my favourite was putting the bread dough into the over to rise - and forgetting about it. it did rise just fine, and filled the entire oven, racks, heater coils and all. what a fricking job to clean that was!
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby ohlia » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:29 pm

pilvikki wrote:been there, done it...

my favourite was putting the bread dough into the over to rise - and forgetting about it. it did rise just fine, and filled the entire oven, racks, heater coils and all. what a fricking job to clean that was!

This reminds me of an episode of I love Lucy.
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:51 pm

oh no.... that's bad...

:oops:
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby meadow » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:25 pm

Vitametavegimin!
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Return to Food