Fast Food

Be you a gourmet or a gourmand, this is the place to share recipes, stories, and experiences.

Fast Food

Postby Sandra » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:43 pm

What's your favourite fast food?

We all know its bad for us but we still eat it.

I love KFC.... the coating on the chicken is just the best. :biggrin:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bermbits » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:51 pm

The only fast food we have in the area are BK, McD's, and Subway. Of the three, I'll take the latter. I too love KFC, though.
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bea » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:36 pm

I've had KFC once in my life and it was disgusting *blurgh*

Give me a pizza hut pizza anyday (i've never had a dominos) and i only ever have mcdonalds when seriously hungover (all that dirty lard sorts you right out)
“Eyes that do not cry, do not see”
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:49 pm

bea wrote:I've had KFC once in my life and it was disgusting *blurgh*

Give me a pizza hut pizza anyday (i've never had a dominos) and i only ever have mcdonalds when seriously hungover (all that dirty lard sorts you right out)

I just love chicken....

oh, Dominos is nice as is Pizza Hut (yummi) but all that dough and cheese piles the pounds on me lol
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:32 pm

honestly, i never eat fast food. even when faced with hunger...i'd rather go hungry. i fell off the "wagon" so to speak for a few months due to desperation and the fact i lived with someone who was a fricking lazy jerk.

but i know exactly what they put in the food, and it ain't food. i also know they put addictive additives in the food to make you crave it. it's all Big Food and they don't care about you or your health. i refuse to give in to the bullshit and hype and LIES they perpetrate.

i'd rather eat my dad's homemade cheeseburgers. they are better tasting than any fast food i've ever had.

i go hungry rather than be that lazy any more. i want until i'm home and i make something else. i do still eat some junk food but i'm very, very conscious of my food choices. more than ever!!!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby ohlia » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:15 pm

If ice cream is fast food (or is it junk food) :lol: then that's my heart-stopper :biggrin: But, I usually make my own and don't put eggs and all the junk the commercial ones have.
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:26 pm

i don't think i've eaten ice cream with eggs in it. i prefer Ben & Jerry's, Breyer's and Haagen Dazs. they are all high quality, natural ingredients and they taste fantastic.

i don't think ice cream generally has eggs in it. unless it's got some kind of cookie or cake dough added in afterwards.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby ohlia » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:53 pm

meadow wrote:i don't think i've eaten ice cream with eggs in it. i prefer Ben & Jerry's, Breyer's and Haagen Dazs. they are all high quality, natural ingredients and they taste fantastic.
i don't think ice cream generally has eggs in it. unless it's got some kind of cookie or cake dough added in afterwards.

Mostl rich ice cream and many commercially made ice cream are made with egg yolks. Haagen Daz is made with egg yolks and some flavours of Ben & Jerry's also contain egg yolks. Breyers and Turkey Hill are not made with egg yolks.
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:54 pm

huh...it's not usually listed on the ingredients though. oh well, i love good ice cream regardless! as long as it's hydrogenated oils free...i'm eatin' it!
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Mads » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:55 pm

I don't eat 'junk' food. I don't encourage my daughter to either, and as she loves pizza I always make it for her at home. Her uncle took her out last weekend, and asked her if she wanted something from McDonalds. Apparently, she said she wouldn't even have a milkshake if they paid her. :lol:
When helping the wicked, twisted and evil, expect no gratitude and be thankful if you escape with your life.
Mads
Trapped Under Ice

Postby Bedford » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:13 pm

I like dollar chicken sandwiches or going to Taco Bell for their chili cheese burritos.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby meadow » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:13 pm

my dad used to make homemade pizzas for us growing up! awww!!! hmmm...i might need him to make me one again this week. he would always but green olives on his pizzas. *LOL*
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Flawless » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:00 pm

It's a tie between Taco Bell, Hardees, and Burger King
[ GRAPHIC REMOVED by administrator ]

I am now dubbed the King of Hotness by Haysi

I am also the resident Cabana boy.
Flawless
Hero Of The Day

Postby AJRC_CS » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:48 am

Being a health nut i very rarely eat fast food, but having a 15 year old son means i do have to once in a while. If i have to choose a favourite it would probably be Pizza Hut.
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Return to Food