Some nice pics from my phone

Post your self-portraits, family pictures, pet photographs, or any of your creative shots that would be of general interest.

Some nice pics from my phone

Postby haysi » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:01 am

erm...dont get too excited LOL!

I took some pics when we were at the Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum last week. Here are some of them....I took the pics with my mobile phone.

These white heads are hard to miss, they always make me smile. One of them actually reminds me of my dad! (Can you guess which one?)

I love this sculpture 'Modesty', she looks so radiant.

I also like this sculpture, again it has a certain serenity about it.

I hope you like them.

Do you use your mobile phone to take pics?

Care to share :biggrin:

Hays xx
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby ohlia » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:16 pm

For a mobile phone, it truly took good pictures.
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:53 pm

they're great pictures!

i take pictures with mine, but haven't figured out what to do with them....

like duh.
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby meadow » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:29 pm

those heads are creepy! but cool and that's what i love about museums and art galleries!

i have a great mobile phone but my ONLY complaint with it is that it doesn't have a flash! GRRRR! so it makes taking pictures at night a special challenge.

i usually just take pictures of things to send directly to specific people. sometimes i take pictures of my niece and nephew to put up on my LJ. i don't use the camera on my phone as much as i'd like to.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby haysi » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:18 pm

I have never had a digital camera. I use my mobile a lot to take pics. Most phones come with the software for you to upload them to your computer. Also, you can 'bluetooth' them :shock: Of course I get help from my niece LOL!

Hxx
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:20 pm

When were those *heads* erected, Haysi ? I've been to the Kelvingrove but I don't recall them ! (and as you say, they are hard to miss!)
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby haysi » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:23 pm

Hi Messy, the gallery was shut for a number of years for renovation. It reopened in the autumn of 06 (or thereabouts). We go through quite a lot, its a great place to visit.

I was a bit disappointed with the Egyptian room, as a child it seemed massive and full of treasures, but its not nearly as impressive as it once was.

My fave painting is still breathtaking

Hxx
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:37 pm

I was a bit disappointed with the Egyptian room, as a child it seemed massive and full of treasures, but its not nearly as impressive as it once was.

you know, it may not be you... i had the same experience until i was reminded of the fact that when i first went to the ROM [royal ontario], they had borrowed someone's exibition. [the travelling mummies?] also, the one in the british museum is pretty big, so maybe you were comparing?

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Makinamess » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:01 am

I think one of my favourite paintings there was Rembrandt's Man in Armour - an awesome painting. Mind you, I am quite fond of Rembrandt's work so it's no surprise that the first place I headed for when I was there was the Dutch Art area.....
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:10 am

i'm a toulouse-lautrec type person myself, just look at the story in this painting:

hmm... i think i want a print of that...

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Makinamess » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:39 am

Wow, Pilvikki, I see what you mean ! You get the very strong impression that she is a seriously unhappy lady and that those two have been married to each other FAR too long ! :biggrin:
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby haysi » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:01 pm

I love the Rembrandt Messy, its an exceptional painting. I am not a big fan of the Dutch Masters however I make an exception for that one.

I like Toulouse-Latrec, I hadnt seen that painting before.

My heart belongs to Manet, Monet, Renoir, Degas and Cezanne. Oooh la la :wink: And of course Dali.

Jack Vittriano 'The Billy Boys' is a painting that I saw (in print) whilst in Blackpool recently and I fell in love with it.
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:11 pm

just like music i like a bit of dis and a bit of dat...

here's another one:

i used to hate these as a kid for they're so morbid, just like their inspiration, the Kalevala, finnish epic of doom and gloom.

the good news: mother brings him back to life.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby ashes13 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:02 pm

Nice pictures haysi!
I do use my phone to take random pictures at times. Usually when I am out and about at work and stuff. Here are a few I can share:

Fallen tree on the corner of Abbey Road after the bad winds in London a few months back:

Gene Simmons on the steps at Abbey Road studios while being interviewed for the Family Jewels show:

Just one of the many framed gold/special ed discs found on the wall of a customer we visit. otherwise known as the mother of Adam Ant:

One of my favourite block of flats in London-lots of trees and nature all around. Feels like you are shut off from the rest of the hustle and bustle:

Can we say Harry Potter?! The pile of brand new HP books I got to prccess on the day of release:

A view from another place we visit-also known for being on a famous album cover:

Rotterdam flower display. We never did find out the occasion I don't think:

One of the 30 (I think) Gormley staues that can be found peering over the side of many a roof on Londons South Bank:

Then last one from today-kitty curling up in a jacket that doesn't belong to her:
<i>I don't understand you. You don't understand me. What else do we have in common? </i>

~Ashleigh Brilliant~
ashes13
Frantic

Postby meadow » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:07 pm

KITTY! :) i love the kitty.

omg GENE SIMMONS!!! ABBEY ROAD! *seethes with jealousy!*

if i didn't loooove you like i do...i'd hafta to keeeeeel you. :)
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby ohlia » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:11 pm

Nice pictures Ashes! The stories pictures can tell ...
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby haysi » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:45 am

Your pics are great Ashes, I love how you say that these are the ones you can share :wink:

Adam Ants Mother!! Oh good lord I loved Adam Ant when I was young, I was totally besotted with him!

I took some more pics with my phone on Friday - this one LOL - there was a Hen night at the place we went to celebrate someones retirement

CLICK on the thumbnail above to see the full sized picture

And the gorgeous wee puppy who was giving me a knowing look

CLICK on the thumbnail above to see the full sized picture
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Return to Photo Gallery