some penguins

Post your self-portraits, family pictures, pet photographs, or any of your creative shots that would be of general interest.

some penguins

Postby pilvikki » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:07 pm

i took a picture of my penguin palace, but had to cut some of it off [top and bottom] to get better focus, which still sucks...

CLICK on the thumbnail above to see the full sized picture

hmmm... i need to work on this some more, maybe i'll get a really bright day so i won't need the flash; i think that's what buggers up the whole thing... but you get an idea. maybe.

i have to invest in some more penguin lodgings as well as that is the biggest population, but there are more.....
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Bedford » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:09 pm

In my creche, I have penguins all over; I like the chaos. :biggrin:
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby Yogi » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:59 am

If you have the kind of flash attachment that can be rotated, aim it at the ceiling and let the reflected light do its work. That technique often produces some very natural type lighting.

Perhaps you have a tripod, or something very stable to put your camera on. You can get away without a flash by increasing the ISO setting on your camera and using a long time exposure.

You might also try for a series of close ups, and if you have a macro lens that would be even better.
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby Makinamess » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:06 am

I was getting some keys cut this morning in a local locksmith and when I came out of the shop I noticed a little shop of barf across the road which had about 20 penguins on display in the window. Of course, I simply had to go over and have a peek - they weren't black and white BUT navy and cream ceramic ones, all the same size, about 150mm high and seriously nasty, along with the obligatory dead wasps nestling among the £1 plastic buckets, baskets and other cheap and nasty tat ............ :lol: I did think of buying you one Pilvikki but I suspect (a) it would not survive the trip and (b) you would not thank for me it ! I wish I'd had my camera with me :biggrin:
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby ohlia » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:09 pm

Well don't say ... you really are a penguin! :penguin: :biggrin:
Thank you for showing your collection.
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:44 pm

it's nice you have somewhere all together to display it all. my mother collected pigs and we still have them scattered all over our house. :)
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby pilvikki » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:33 pm

i have a friend who also collects pigs. she calls her house her sty, even though it's spotless, lol!

yogi, i'm using a minolta digital, so i have to pretty well flash where i aim. the display case also is across from the window, so natural light is pretty well out.

but... what i can do is borrow erik's work light.

or, dig up up the old canon and use punkin's tripod, wherever that is.... naw, i'll try the work light first.

hey! good idea! thanks, yogi!

:tongue:

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Flawless » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:41 pm

I met a dude who has a tattoo of the linux penguin. I instantly thought of you bedford.
[ GRAPHIC REMOVED by administrator ]

I am now dubbed the King of Hotness by Haysi

I am also the resident Cabana boy.
Flawless
Hero Of The Day

Postby Bedford » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:44 pm

If I ever got a tattoo, it would probably be of my WH icon.

But I doubt if I'll ever get one; tattoo artists tend to get under one's skin. :biggrin:
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby Flawless » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:58 pm

:rimshot:
[ GRAPHIC REMOVED by administrator ]

I am now dubbed the King of Hotness by Haysi

I am also the resident Cabana boy.
Flawless
Hero Of The Day

Postby pilvikki » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:41 pm

i like my WH icon as well, but enough for a tattoo.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Return to Photo Gallery