Am I Alone?

We encourage our members to post bra information herein, but I don't want to get busted for false advertising. My apologies to the web surfers who thought this forum is about something else.

Am I Alone?

Postby Damsel » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:45 pm

I have such a hard time finding the perfect bra. I'll find one that is really cute, to discover it has pads inside. Why do they make the cute bras for the flat chicks? Or I will fine a really nice one like I did yesterday...I just put it on to discover that the solid satin part of it only goes up so far and I can see my nipples through the lace, which stops right underneath my nipples...like the solid part reaches to just below my nipples. And you can see my nipples through the shirt I chose to wear today. So I am disappointed. I like my nipples to be covered...otherwise, when things rub against them or I get cold they get all erect and it makes me self conscious. Am I the only one who can't find the perfect bra?
Damsel

Postby snapdharlich » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:27 pm

I've no idea....

Just keep talking like that! :oops: :lol:
snapdharlich

Postby mdkilmer » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:29 pm

Poor girl.

I feel your pain... want me to kiss them and make them all better?
<b>"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."</b>

...Albert Schweitzer
mdkilmer
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Bedford » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:22 pm

Trust me, bras are optional.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby bermbits » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:42 pm

Okay, I broke - send pictures...
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sarah » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:33 pm

No, no, you are far from being alone. I discovered a bra shop the other day, and I think I'll start shopping there more often... tons to choose from!
Hope for the best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.
Sarah
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:15 pm

no way, you're not alone!

i hate white, so what did i come home last time bra shopping... sigh, that's right.

my g/f used to stick bandaids over her nipples. i'd rather not myself....
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby haysi » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:06 am

snapdharlich wrote:I've no idea....

:lmao2: :lmao1:

Aww wee snaps you made my morning!

Damsel, no you are not alone.
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:50 am

pilvikki wrote:no way, you're not alone!

i hate white, so what did i come home last time bra shopping... sigh, that's right.

my g/f used to stick bandaids over her nipples. i'd rather not myself....

I've got to agree with you Pilvikki - the only cotton ones without underwire that I can find are always in white.

Errr, don't try the bandaids on nipples thingy - Icu has a bit of a horror story about duct tape ...... Messy still gets shivers thinking about that one
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bea » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:02 am

i buy all my bras from marks and spencers, they are the only store that makes bras that gives me the shape i desire. I have a couple of ultimo bras but i only wear them when i am wearing a suit jacket with no shirt underneath. i made a man walk into a lamppost once :biggrin:
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:17 am

M & S are really good so are New Look, Tesco and Ann Summers I don't have a problem finding very nice underwear.
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Lore » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:13 am

I have the same trouble too.

I am yet to find a bra that doesn't have blue prints shown at a conference to discuss the possibility of constructing such an item that would be available to the general puplic.

My ambition in life is to purchase a sling shot that doesn't cost as much as a weeks shopping!

Although, I recently dicovered that New Look are now offering the larger cup sizes without 3 inch straps - I managed to get two for £40 whooo hoooooo!! false economy tho, they fall apart in the wash! :(

Oh well, I shall put my next order in at the local ship yard.
Lore
Outlaw Torn

Postby josh012404 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:02 pm

snapdharlich wrote:I've no idea....

:lmao1: :lmao1: :lmao1:
josh012404

Postby pilvikki » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:44 pm

Oh well, I shall put my next order in at the local ship yard.

i'm pretty handy with a rivet gun, just send specs!
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Damsel » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:57 am

I actually found a really nice bra yesterday when I was out shopping. Unfortunately, there was only one in my size and the color I wanted. Of course I bought it. I will go back to find more...
Damsel

Postby lpg » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:44 pm

I hate bra shopping. Especially since I now have to go with all cotton and no underwires - that means white only. If you don't have any limits like no underwires one can find cotton bras in colors but, rarely with anything pretty on them. It's so annoying. And the fit varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. :evil: I can't wait till I get a breast reduction. At least then I'll have more choice in a smaller size. I still won't like it but, at least I'll have more than one option.

As for being optional - :lmao1:

Damsel - look for the make and model online. If you already know it fits then order as many as you like. I've had to do that a couple of times for both me and my mom. Saves on running back and forth to the shop.
lpg
Hero Of The Day

Postby Damsel » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:52 pm

I want a reduction, too.

And I like underwires. They feel more supportive and are more comfortable to me. I hate that the bras for bigger cup sizes always have those thick, sometimes gel filled straps like granny bras.

I wish I were flat and didn't have to wear any bra at all.
Damsel

Postby lpg » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:38 am

Those gel pad have saved my shoulder more than once! As for wires - it's not that I mind them but, apparently my breasts do! I can no longer tolerate anything hard on the skin. Even seams can irritate me badly. :sigh:

If you are seriously considering a reduction start the process of getting a paper trail of the problems you have - pain, etc - asap. It takes more than a year to get through getting a consult from a surgeon then it's likely you will have to appeal the insurance denial (that's where I am now). I figure I'll probably actually get the procedure next spring - March probably.
lpg
Hero Of The Day

Postby mdlvettechie » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:01 pm

trust me damsel, being small breasted has its issues too. I understand the pain, and stuff, but bras for me are impossible to find, I need a certain type of padding inside or I look like I have pillows duct taped to my chest. I dont think there is an easy way to have boobs, or a lack of boobs!
"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
-- Immanuel Kant

"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” Kahlil Gibran 1883-1931
mdlvettechie
Frantic

Postby Legion » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:59 am

I'm a pretty level fella with no particuarly unusual kinks or hang-ups! The one thing that I have always covetted, however, is an unusual & unique tobacco pouch. :biggrin: Doesn't have to be huge - just big enough to take half an ounce of rough shag - a packet of papers & half a dozen filters! Oh & my tiny cache of whacky baccy!

If anyone is having minor surgery all donations would be gratefully accepted. If an 'interesting bit' is discarded - then I would pay big bucks for it. My birthday is in March. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm :whistle:
'There is no point running if you are on the wrong road'
Quantam Ubi Sub Ubi
Legion
Frantic

Next

Return to Bra Information