a new Victoria's Secret bra

We encourage our members to post bra information herein, but I don't want to get busted for false advertising. My apologies to the web surfers who thought this forum is about something else.

a new Victoria's Secret bra

Postby Valleysailor » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:22 am

OK, this is for the girls on here - have any of you tried the new Victoria's Secret bra? It is supposed to be THE most comfortable bra ever. It is made from a single molded piece of something space-age - some kind of new material that almost resembles tempur-pedic foam, but there is no padding, no wires, etc. My sister paid $42. for one and she swears she would have paid twice that much, it is THAT comfortable. Me? I think 'comfortable bra' is the best oxymoron since "military intelligence".
Tell me what you think, ladies!! Would you pay that much for a bra? What brand do you prefer?
There is no education in the second kick of the mule.
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Postby bea » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:52 am

i have never even seen a victoria's secret bra. i think i know what material you mean though and i tried one and found it gave a very odd shape.

Is $42 about 28 quid? I regularly pay that (and more) for bras. I tend to buy them from Marks and Spencers because they give the best shape.

I find my bras all very confortable. They fit well and although i do occassionally go without a bra, i actually prefer to wear one than not too. Not because i'm prudish about nipples or anything (i love sticky out nipples) but because i have worn one for so many years it just feels wrong. Germaine Greer would be spinning in her grave if she was dead. Maybe shes just spinning in real life
“Eyes that do not cry, do not see”
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby brandtrn » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:24 am

Actually, I've not tried the new bra from Victoria's Secret, and it's highly unlikely that I ever will. I find the Victoria's Secret products, as a rule, to be highly overpriced for the quality that they offer. Quite frankly, I prefer the Bali products myself, and yes, they're also somewhat expensive, but I think that the quality is much better, and they do make comfortable bras...
brandtrn
Bad Seed

Postby pilvikki » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:38 pm

haven't met a comfy bra that i can recall. and yes! i'd pay for the damn thing
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby meadow » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:58 am

i'm not willing to pay $42 for any bra! comfortable or not!!!!! i found that the Hanes version for $15 was close enough and i haven't had a problem. i'd rather just not wear one at all in all honesty.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Valleysailor » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:37 pm

I, in fact, did not own a bra for twenty-two years. I wore camisoles or racer back T-shirts under my clothes. After my child was born and weaned, I threw away the last nursing bra in 1974 and did not purchase one until the end of 1996. I had gained some weight and was able to hold a pencil under my breast without it falling to the floor, so I naturally assumed it was time to rope those puppies in and stick 'em in the corral. There they remain to this day. I hope someday when the rest of the weight comes off, the boobs will just go away and I can resort to a 'no bra wardrobe' policy. Having large breasts is, in my opinion, EXTREMELY over-rated.
There is no education in the second kick of the mule.
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Return to Bra Information