Bra Information?

We encourage our members to post bra information herein, but I don't want to get busted for false advertising. My apologies to the web surfers who thought this forum is about something else.

Bra Information?

Postby spithray » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:29 pm

I notice no-one has posted here for ages. Is this because there is only so much bra information to be had? Has it all already been discussed in previous threads? Has this become the ultimate archive of all bra knowledge? I'm intrigued.
spithray
Outlaw Torn

Postby bea » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:32 pm

*dunno*

i have no bra secrets that i'm holding back.

in fact, i welcome questions about my bra... :biggrin:
“Eyes that do not cry, do not see”
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby mdkilmer » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:19 pm

OK. Um...

What's your favorite bra color?
Bra style?
Front or back clasp?
Do you wear a smaller one at the beach to show off?
Do you try to match bra and panties?

...more questions as they occur...
<b>"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."</b>

...Albert Schweitzer
mdkilmer
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bea » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:31 pm

What's your favorite bra colour? - Can't say i have a favourite colour, i have bras of all different colours and they all good.

Bra style? - just a normal bra - no push up required and i tend to fall out of balconette. I dislike fussy bras (i.e too much lacy frilly bits) but like detailed straps

Front or back clasp? - back only - i though front clasps were for hookers and breast feeding mummies only

Do you wear a smaller one at the beach to show off? - if i wore a smaller one my tits wouldn't fit in it (i'm a 36D). i do quite often have my straps showing

Do you try to match bra and panties? - i do try but its quite hard cos i only wear thongs and i buy then all from topshop. the bras from topshop don't give me a good fit so i get my bras from M&S. sometimes i buy the accompanying thong but they expensive and i get 3 pairs for 7 quid at topshop
“Eyes that do not cry, do not see”
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby lpg » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:46 am

I'm too large to find pretty bras in my size that actually work well. So mine are boring. Beige or white. ho-hum.

Front are great when you're a bit smaller than I am now. The only front hook bras I've seen in my size had 5 hooks in the front!!!! Back hooks give better support. (I've never heard anyone equate front hook bras with hookers before. I find that most odd.)

Silly MDK - if one wants to show off one would wear a padded bra or cutlets not a smaller bra.
lpg
Hero Of The Day

Postby Silke » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:55 am

I'm not big, I'm not small but I don't find bra's my size. D65 (european size) if that tells anyone anything. Black and white, plain ones. I have only back hooks on mine, but once I used a bra with front clasp. It was great and easy use, too bad I don't find any anymore. I do wear smaller bra's quite regulary because it is almost imposible to find anything my size. I don't get "doubble-boobs" because of it though. I get sore but nothing more. and no, I've never really cared for matching things not to be seen.
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:19 pm

What's your favorite bra color? White or Pink

Bra style? Just normal, I beat bea by a D , I like NICE bras :lol:

Front or back clasp? back, if it is in the front it's a maternity bra lol

Do you wear a smaller one at the beach to show off? eh no, that's just showing off :wink:

Do you try to match bra and panties? yes all the time, don't you match your undies and your socks :biggrin:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby legend » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:46 pm

so sand.
at the beach u just show em off then?? :lol:
We know that I'm a drunk. I hope you understand that I am a person who is totally at ease with that. Which is not to say that I'm indifferent or I don't care, I do. It simply means that I trust and accept your judgment.
legend
Holier Than Thou

Postby lpg » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:29 am

Silke, if you're medium sized ( I have no idea what size a D65 would be in American) I'm surprised you have no selection to choose from. Europe has some of the best lingerie makers in the world. I hope you get to find more front hook ones. Back when I was small enough to wear the ones with only the one hook in front I thought they were great, too.
lpg
Hero Of The Day

Postby Silke » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:40 am

ah, but it is more complicated than that.

Normal sizes are B70, B80, C70, C80 and so on. Letter beeing cupsize and the number beeing how large you are around. That number also effect the cup size, so... D-cup is usually large (C is avarage) and are usually D80 or D90. I didn't even know it was anything called D65 until I went to a special store. It is a slightly larger B-cup only with the support beeing slightly further back. Around it is also smaller than averge. I can use B-cups but I get sore because the support is wrong. C-cups are normally too large for me. confused yet?

...even that special store had only one bra in my size. Normal stores has none what so ever.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby lpg » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:35 pm

If Bs are a little small and Cs are too large - isn't D even larger than a C? We have letters for cup sizes here, too and D is larger than C. When I was younger I wore a 34D and they used to be tough to find.

OK. Is the number in European sizing, in your case 65, equal to centimeters? If it is then I understand your problem. You are only a skinny person's average waist size around your chest. Is this right? It's hard to figure things out like this when you are talking 2 entirely different ways of sizing things.

For me my current bra size is 38DD (also known as 38E). That means the band is 38 inches long (about 96 centimeters) and the cup size is 5 inches larger. I'm actually slightly larger than a DD but not a DDD.

Bras are ridiculous to fit. After Friday - I'll get to start over.
lpg
Hero Of The Day

Postby legend » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:15 pm

im willing to stand behind anyone and volunteer my hands as a bra/boob holders.
they are 1 size fits all and always have fitted any size boob they have held.
so no fitting problems there ladies.
as im shy :oops: plz pm me ur replies as i dont want publicly embaressed by the response.
many thanks ladies :biggrin:
We know that I'm a drunk. I hope you understand that I am a person who is totally at ease with that. Which is not to say that I'm indifferent or I don't care, I do. It simply means that I trust and accept your judgment.
legend
Holier Than Thou

Postby Silke » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:58 am

lpg that is true.

However, cup size is also relative to the around-size. So a C70 is smaller than C80 or C90, all though not by much. I would never fit a D80 (not cup size or around) all though a D65 is a fit. I have a C70 which is too large a cup, all though the suport is ok. I guess it works like the DD only oposite direction... like a -D or something :lol:

bras are ridiculus, that is true
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby lpg » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:17 pm

legend, I always thought that would be the best design. Problem is, I really don't want some man on my back all the time! :biggrin:
lpg
Hero Of The Day

Postby legend » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:40 pm

i wouldnt be on your back all the time.
you could be on it if you wanted :lol: :oops:

im badddddddddddddddd :evil:
legend
Holier Than Thou

Postby Bedford » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:33 pm

Yep; you're bad at it. :biggrin:
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby legend » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:27 pm

yawnnnnnnn did someone say something there?

nah.

didnt think so :biggrin:
legend
Holier Than Thou

Postby pilvikki » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:52 pm

wow, silke, you're really tiny! my first bra was a 75 and i was slim then. have you considered 'cookies' [small pads some bras come with] to even out the size discrepancy.

and bras sure are a pain!
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Silke » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:16 am

...the problem is where I am tiny and where I am not... ;) my problem is that the suport comes too far to the front, not where it is supposed to be. makes me sore. cookies won't push them further back ;) I am thinking about learning how to sew my own though
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Silke » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:15 am

...I just found out what my size is in UK size... D30.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Next

Return to Bra Information