Happy (start of holidays) Day, Chicklin!

Use this bulletin board to post public messages to individual members. This is not a Chat Room nor is it intended to replace Private Messaging.

Postby Mads » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:31 pm

So...............these holidays of yours..................

Do you miss the kids during half and full term breaks?
When helping the wicked, twisted and evil, expect no gratitude and be thankful if you escape with your life.
Mads
Trapped Under Ice

Postby chicklin » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:32 pm

Mads wrote:So...............these holidays of yours..................

Do you miss the kids during half and full term breaks?

I miss the fun I have working in a great little school.....but boy! do I enjoy the break! :biggrin:

I see a lot of the kids around anyway cos I live about 5 mins walk from the school, and most of the intake is from this small place we live in so I'm always hearing 'hello Mrs -------!!' being yelled by some excited little one! Its lovely!! :lol:

I'm one of those lucky people who really enjoys going to work........don't I just make you sick? :barf:
Karma will always come back and get you so be nice to everyone
chicklin
Trapped Under Ice

Postby Mads » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:58 am

I'm sure you make someone sick, :roll: but not me! I think my work's great, but I'm looking forward to a break when the babies arrive - not that I'll get much rest of course! :biggrin:
When helping the wicked, twisted and evil, expect no gratitude and be thankful if you escape with your life.
Mads
Trapped Under Ice

Postby chicklin » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:32 am

Well you've not long to wait now! :baby: :baby:

And I think you should correct that 'not much rest' to ' no rest at all' !!!!! :sleep: :storkb: :storkb: :giveup: :shock:
chicklin
Trapped Under Ice

Postby Mads » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:57 am

Grrrr! Two of everything is a pain, I can tell you.

Are you actually going away on holiday, during your holiday? :lol:
Mads
Trapped Under Ice

Postby chicklin » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:26 am

Mads wrote:Grrrr! Two of everything is a pain, I can tell you.

:lol:

Well....you shouldn't be so bloody virile, should you? :roll: :biggrin:

.........and as for holidays...don't think so - I'm regrouping and conserving funds atm!!

This divorce lark is a bit of a shock to the system! :biggrin: :biggrin: I'm adjusting to a smaller income now, so I'll wait and see.........

Maybe have the odd few days away, who knows?

I could always nip over and see you two before the babies come....... :shock:
chicklin
Trapped Under Ice

Postby Mads » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:43 am

:lol: I bet you thought you'd scared me, when I didn't reply! :tongue:

Hmmm.... divorce isn't something I know anything about - I haven't even taken the plunge once yet! I've known friends go through it though, and it's painful to say the least.

You'd need a holiday after spending time with my lot! I've been home for two hours and they're killing me! :lol:

Do you ever go into Snowdonia at all? I used to go to Plas Y Brenin (Spelling?) quite a lot.
Mads
Trapped Under Ice

Postby chicklin » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:22 am

Certainly did think you'd gone all chicken!

TWO HOURS with the kids and you're flying the white flag already??? :giveup: Where's your stamina?..... :biggrin: You'll be glad to get back to work for a rest.... :sleep:

Funny you should mention Snowdonia....I was there with both daughters a couple of weeks ago and it was gorgeous.....we went to Capel Curig, which I think is about 1/4 mile from Plas y Brenin......(you spelt it perfectly!)......Da Iawn! (very good!) :biggrin:

Nice to see you back.......and bet your g/f is pleased to have a helping hand - even if it can't keep up! :biggrin:
chicklin
Trapped Under Ice

Postby Mads » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:16 am

I used all my stamina making the twins! :lol: (I'm joking of course!)

I tell you something Chicklin, I don't how my g/f does it - she has people running around and falling over themselves to help her! (That includes me!) She's that big that once she lies down she can't get up again. Doubles me up with laughter every bloody time! :biggrin: Seriously though it's amazing what women go through to have kids. (Serious moment over :tongue: )

Do you do much walking/hill climbing etc? We (a bunch of guys) went to Snowdonia mainly to climb, but we walked and scrambled for miles too. Beautiful place - I've never forgotten it.

It's uncanny that you mention snoozing at work. I actually dozed off -for a few seconds - in a meeting today. I'm getting too old for this obviously. :shock:
Mads
Trapped Under Ice

Previous

Return to Message Board