Good comeback line

Make us laugh with your favorite jokes and humorous stories. These can be flights of fantasy or personal experiences. THIS FORUM MAY CONTAIN PROFANITY

Good comeback line

Postby forgetfultel » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:39 pm

I don’t know whether this is true or not, but how about this for one of the best comeback lines of all time.

It is a portion of a National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.
Old men are fond of giving good advice to console themselves for their inability to set a bad example.
forgetfultel
Helpless

Postby Mads » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:43 pm

Bloody hell! :lol:
When helping the wicked, twisted and evil, expect no gratitude and be thankful if you escape with your life.
Mads
Trapped Under Ice

Postby Bedford » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:03 pm

Awesome. I love when some leftist NPR goon gets whats coming to her.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby haysi » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:09 am

:lol: what a whopper
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:18 am

sorry everyone...it's FALSE AND FAKE!!!!!

snopes.com is the bomb, yo!

http://www.snopes.com/military/reinwald.asp

there is no way in the world that NPR would ever let someone conduct an interview in that manner. plus, it's from 1999!!! 1999!!!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby forgetfultel » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:32 am

Thanks meadow - I kind of expected it to be 'invented', but I've still never gotten round to using Snopes, even though you previously posted details for the site.

Can't quite believe it's taken someone 8 years to send it to me :shock:
Last edited by forgetfultel on Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old men are fond of giving good advice to console themselves for their inability to set a bad example.
forgetfultel
Helpless

Postby Flawless » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:57 am

Fake or not that is great!
[ GRAPHIC REMOVED by administrator ]

I am now dubbed the King of Hotness by Haysi

I am also the resident Cabana boy.
Flawless
Hero Of The Day

Postby haysi » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:03 pm

meadow wrote:sorry everyone...it's FALSE AND FAKE!!!!!

snopes.com is the bomb, yo!

http://www.snopes.com/military/reinwald.asp

there is no way in the world that NPR would ever let someone conduct an interview in that manner. plus, it's from 1999!!! 1999!!!

OMG :shock: does that mean that everything that you read about on the Internet is not true! I am shocked :lol:
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:38 pm

if you get those types of stories in emails? then, YES, they are most likely FAKE as hell. i don't ever read those emails really much less repost them. i prefer to try to root them out and kill those stories off as much as i can with the truth.

no offense, but it's really sad how much people continue to send these types of obviously fake stories on and on. i have ONE friend that still sends this sort of crap to me. i've told her to pass me over for the FWD type emails but she still sends. i don't ever read anything from her anymore. i automatically delete them without ever opening them. she means well but she hasn't managed to get the obvious hint that these "stories" are almost never true.

and seriously, it took me less than 30 seconds to find the snopes story and post it here. i never post anything of a suspicious nature without first checking not just Snopes.com but Google as well.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Return to Humor