Dont Close the LID !!!

All matters of health and physical well being can be examined here.

Dont Close the LID !!!

Postby KIDD » Sat May 27, 2006 9:00 am

You dont close the lid!!! that's what the woman say( when guys dont close the lid when done) or you hear ..YOU can always tell when a guys been there :roll: ..now you have a good reason!!! :evil: http://channels.netscape.com/homerealestate/package.jsp?name=fte/toiletgerms/toiletgerms&floc=wn-ns
KIDD

Postby pilvikki » Sat May 27, 2006 5:30 pm

chlorine?

i'll do without the bleach, thanks so much! horrible stuff, burns your eyes, peels the skin off your hands... [can't wear gloves].

i use bakingsoda and vim when i remember, but i ALWAYS disinfect the counters, sinks etc with either lysol, baking soda or vinegar after handling meat of any kind. ditto spilt milk, which neither mentioned [listeria].

previous studies stated 6' away from the toilet was ok.

and next question would be: how did we survive anyway?
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Flogo » Sat May 27, 2006 11:33 pm

Of course cleanliness is extremely important. And most of us are well aware of all the cleansers and such as we get harangued abut them every day via TV, magazines, newspapers, radio, you name it. One can barely escape!

Now tell me how the human race has managed to survive thus far what with most people not being the most clean critters around.
And, pray tell, how did I survive having been born many, many years ago, long before there were commercials being blasted at us almost 24/7?

I have survived outdoor toilets, well water hauled upward in a bucket - same bucket day after day; raw milk fresh from the cow; and all the other every day stuff. No electricity so no refrigeration.

It is a mystery.
Flogo
Helpless

Postby Silke » Sun May 28, 2006 4:57 am

not really... if there is no bakterias around to give your imune system a fight, it would beak down and die. watch out for the next flu!

lona ago people didn´t live long because of bad hygene, to day people die because it is too good. ever heard of the inbetween?
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Sun May 28, 2006 8:06 am

that's about it.
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Claire » Mon May 29, 2006 4:14 pm

I guess they bred 'em tough in our day Flo?

If there is one thing I have learned over the years and as I have grown old(er) it is that people don't think we know what is good for us. Somehow, as you say, we have managed to survive to a ripe old age,eh?

To each his/her own. :wink:

Incidentally, today May 29th is the 58th anniversary of my wedding day.
Claire

Postby pilvikki » Mon May 29, 2006 4:30 pm

58th! yowsa!

like grandfather used to say "if you grew up, you most likely grew old."
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Silke » Tue May 30, 2006 1:08 am

... I know of some scientists that has proven that all above the age of 25 should be dead due to lack of hygeene, medicines and so on and so on during the time they grew up. Dentists. clean water,

That doesn't apply to the whole world of course, since some parts have had these things for a few generations while some parts stil lack it. It surely fits here
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Tue May 30, 2006 2:59 am

some scientists are complete idiots.

case in point:

me.

my mother kept me isolated and in an almost sterile environment lest i catch something. thinking went that once you're our of babyhood, you'll be equiped to fight germs.

then i caught school.... suddenly coming into contact with all the bacteria i hadn't met previously overwhelmed my systen and i was sick constantly. better yet, as soon as i was determined sick, i was penicillined and now am so allergic to it and sulpha that a good shot would probably kill me.

but it was after the war... mother did the best she understood.
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Silke » Wed May 31, 2006 6:23 am

...which means... good hygeene = bad.... :D :evildance:
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Return to Health