Starting a Diet Program... again

All matters of health and physical well being can be examined here.

Starting a Diet Program... again

Postby bermbits » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:26 pm

The last time, I lost 30 lbs., but through the latter part of the school year, I put back at least 15, so when my wife and daughter offered to make breakfast for me today, I decided on the spot there's no time like the present (actually, I had planned to begin Monday).

I re-read the South Beach book and will spend the first two weeks pretty strictly doing what I should - interestingly, after breakfast, I didn't eat again for almost seven hours.

If only deciding on a car were so easy....

:roll:
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Yogi » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:24 pm

Diet is important, of course. But, it's my understanding that exercize is the primary factor in weight loss/control.
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby bermbits » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:27 pm

The diet doesn't depend on exercise (according to the book), but, yes, it's a good thing and a bonus. I hope to start walking (I have a mountain-top wedding in a couple of weeks, so...).
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Silke » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:25 am

... if exercise isn´t a part of the program, I wouldn´t trust it to help me gain control of my weight. Loosing it , sure, but many of them help you gain twice what you lost when stoping.

My advise is going to a docter and have him tell you what to do. These things actually differ between humans because of blood-type, metabolism and a few other factors I don´t remember.

good luck!
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:17 pm

gods, silke, you sound like me!

i tried to do a course and due to lacking wheels i thought that rather than a) borrow punkin's car and have to cut classes early or b) do the two bus routine, i'd opt for walking for 2-3 hrs a day.

i lost 7 lbs in two weeks.

i find that nibbling every 2 hrs will keep me somewhat more energetic and losing weight, rather than cutting back which will slow my metabolism to stall speed and i'll GAIN the less i eat.

but each their won.
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Silke » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:33 pm

...that is true...

the answer to loosing weight isn't eating less. It is using whatever you eat for what it is worth.
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Eve » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:58 pm

I joined a diet website where I log in the foods I eat and read articles. There are recipes and support boards. If anyone is interested, PM me with your email and I will send you an invite.
Eve
Trapped Under Ice

Return to Health