Hygene related advice

All matters of health and physical well being can be examined here.

Hygene related advice

Postby StVandal » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:51 pm

When preparing to go out of the house, do NOT miss your mouth and spill Listerine all over your face after you just shaved.

Thank you. This has been a public service announcement by your local StVandal.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bermbits » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:37 am

You reminder me of a "war story." When in basic training (and a few times after), we had to undergo tear gas training. They always told us to shave the night before as the tear gas adhered to any moist areas (eyes, nose, cuts....).

As we were in the tent getting the lecture (masks on at this point), we could feel the tingling of the stuff if we had nicked ourselves shaving. Anyhow, there came a time after the lecture when we had to remove our masks, state our name rank, and serial number, and then walk slowly out.

:woot2:
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby StVandal » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:26 am

As a requirement for the license for carrying pepper spray (oc/cs 10% and above), you have to be sprayed in the face with it. A security guard's license runs out after.. damn.. 2 years? I can't remember.. but I remember the sprayed in the face with it as a requirement, and it was a little too often.

I, however, fully agree with the practice. Even when it was being done to me. It lets you know exactly what you are doing to someone. It also prevents accidental death of any perps by asphyxiation or heart failure. You know when to stop because you've been there.
As a side effect, it also builds your immunity to the stuff. After the 4th or so time, it was just like I simply ate food that was too spicy. (And rubbed it in my eyes).
Last edited by StVandal on Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:28 am

After chopping fresh chillies, wash your hands really well BEFORE touching your mouth, eyes or more intimate areas of your body. Particularly painful for the male personage.

When frying large quantities of chillies, ensure adequate ventilation, especially in confined spaces like kitchens, otherwise toxic fumes cannot escape and may overcome sensitive individuals (both of the male and female variety).
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby mdlvettechie » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:50 am

another tip: Do Not under any circumstances feed your bird her favorite hot peppers, then let her groom your eyelashes.....NOT GOOD!!
"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
-- Immanuel Kant

"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” Kahlil Gibran 1883-1931
mdlvettechie
Frantic

Postby pixi » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:21 am

reminds me of a boyfriend I had years ago. He had a couple of spots so washed his face at least a dozen times in one day with clearasil or something. That night I was in the bath and he got yet another wash then put aftershave on his face. I have never seen a look of sheer pain on anyones face like I saw on his that night. He grabbed his face with both his hands, went down on his knees and howled. All I could do was laugh like crazy :lol:
pixi

Return to Health