All matters of health and physical well being can be examined here.

Postby salamandrina » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:39 am

So what are you traditionel help againsed:
I'm cureus
Bad Seed

Postby Silke » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:09 am

Backpain = streching and moving. some exercises and a good cup hot chocolate (last most for your own mentality)

stomach pain = lay flat on your back for some time until it eases. depends on what causes the pain though, some things are better checked with a docter.

headpain = go down on light, do something that distracts you from the pain. preferably be in a room slightly cooler than normal. apply pressure to the sides or back and forhead (depending on where it sits/what kind of pain it is. perhaps some shulder exercises for making them relax. I might even take my migreene medecine, all though they say it is too late when I have gotten the headace. it do help after some hours...
Superstition brings bad luck.
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:13 pm

Back pain - gentle exercise and ibuprofen seems to be doing the trick (trouble is, I can't keep exercising all day and all night, can I?).

Stomach pain - Gavascan (antacid) or diareze (for diarrhoea in adults, never for kids), plus plenty of fluids.

Head pain - paracetamol, fresh air, exercise.

However, the *cure* really depends on what has caused the problem. In the case of back pain there would be a totally different cure required for a slipped disc or spinal damage. A stomach virus wouldn't be cured by antacids either. No amount of fresh air or exercise would help someone who got a head ache from eye strain and really needed new glasses !
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby StVandal » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:01 pm

I know it sounds simple, but I just drink a lot of water. Most headaches are caused by dehydration. A lot of aches and pains are caused by dehydration. At least a lot of my aches and pains.
I just drink a lot of water and they tend to go away.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:38 pm

vandal's cure workd for me, too. mostly.

the other thing for stomach problems has been sage tea. it tastes pretty blah, but it works wonders.

backaches are best prevented by exercise. how baths can do wonders, too. ibuprophen.

headaches can have a myriad of causes: tension headache comes from the back ot the neck and works its way up to the brows. a good massage ought to help.

migraines stab behind one eye, mostly, sometimes accompanied with a light display.

sinuse headaches can be identified by putting two fingers just above where your brows would meet. if pushing there hurts, you'll know it! use steam inhalation.

TMJ [temporo-mandibular joint] misalignment or irritation. often painful from one's grinding teeth at night. [get a mouth guard]

hope this helps.
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
Holier Than Thou

Return to Health