Vitamins

All matters of health and physical well being can be examined here.

Vitamins

Postby Yogi » Fri May 25, 2007 8:39 pm

Are vitamin supplements worth the money? Do they have any benefits?

<a href="http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID=sa029&articleID=96D80253-E7F2-99DF-326CCCAF57732EFE&pageNumber=1&catID=9"> READ THIS </a>
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby ohlia » Sat May 26, 2007 4:50 am

I don’t believe in taking vitamins and minerals supplements. Eating a variety of good and fresh wholesome foods is more than adequate for providing the body with the necessary nutrients that it need to survive and function.
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:35 pm

i know i need vit suplements for i get that dragged out feeling when i don't. mind you, i don't eat properly, so it ought not to be a surprise.

i like the closing comment:

On the other hand, as Stampfer, who takes vitamin supplement himself, notes: "If I'm wrong, then I've wasted a few dollars. If I'm right, I've lowered my risk for some diseases I don't want to have."
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby StVandal » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:02 am

I can't afford to eat right, so I take vitamins. I was beginning to show signs of anemia, so I started taking multi-vitamins with iron in them.
Of course, I can't afford to see a physician, so I don't actually know what the hell's up.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:51 am

a well balanced diet is great but certain vitamin supplements are still necessary. i eat a healthy, well balanced diet but i still take supplements because that is what they are for...to supplement. not replace!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby sooz » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:15 am

vitamins are an essential part of your bodies well being, I take omega3 fish oil capsules everyday plus eat plenty fruit & veg
sooz

Return to Health