did we evolve from apes?

Here is a forum for those among us whose mind is cluttered with factoids that border on useless information. It is a place to obtain such information for future reference.

Postby sooz » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:36 am

MargeC wrote:Evolutionary science has never had it so good. It's just that it hasn't trickled down to 'Hello' magazine yet.

I've obviously got a lot to learn then, but I certainly don't read the "Hello" magazine more of a "now" girl myself :wink:
sooz

Postby Valleysailor » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:53 am

MargeC wrote:Silke, I am not normally so direct, I was still angry at the time with some ugly post made elsewhere by Valleysailor, which has since been removed.

Didn't any of your psych education help you to understand the dangers of carrying that anger? Dude, pick up the shattered pieces of your existence and move on! Jeez!
There is no education in the second kick of the mule.
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Postby MargeC » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:55 am

I'm not pointing the finger at you, it's just that the majority of people it seems and popular culture also present 'The Theory of Evolution' as science's latest guess on a subject of not great importance, whereas the accumulation of facts and evidence is enormous and the topic has huge importance to anyone who takes more than a casual interest in the idea of their own existence.
The others will die, go to the afterlife, and get the s**t kicked out of them by the likes of Plato and Aristotle, who put great effort into the study of their own existince, without the benefit of all the knowledge that science has brought us.
Bad Seed
MargeC
Frantic

Postby Valleysailor » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:05 pm

I like to think that when I get to the afterlife, all will be revealed and the knowledge of Plato & Socrates will pale in comparison to what we will all know at that point.
I simply have never been consumed with any overwhelming need to know about my ancestors. My mom and dad were great people, exceptionally educated, they looked nothing like apes and passed along only good genes to me (except for that silly cholesterol thing!) I'm thinking if most people were as interested in the possibility of birthing an autistic child or one otherwise not considered by society to be 'normal', the population explosion would fizzle quickly. When one decides to have a child, remember, the only part you can be sure about is your contribution. Suppose you were an adopted child? You could be sure of nothing in your ancestry.
There is no education in the second kick of the mule.
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Previous

Return to Esoteric Trivia