Watch Your Children, You #&$?^%^

What fries your fritters? Almost anything goes here. Rant, rave, and get it off your chest. Topics may be controversial and contain adult content. THIS FORUM MAY CONTAIN PROFANITY

Watch Your Children, You #&$?^%^

Postby Damsel » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:01 pm

When I was at dinner this evening, there was a couple there with their child. A little boy...and I bet he was about two or three. The father had gotten up and took him...I assume to the restroom, and when they came back the kid RAN past my table, and ran to their table and started to stand on the end of the highchair. His father was walking behind him He was screaming "Mommy, mommy, MOMMY!". And the father was standing there while the mother was putting on her coat. The kid had his feet up on the bottom of the highchair and had his arms drapped over the seat of it...and he started bouncing up and down. Well, the highchair and the kid fell backwards...the highchair (you know those wooden kind the restaurants have) fell on top of him and the seat hit his head. The child turned bright red and started SCREAMING bloody murder, disturbing everyone who was trying to have a peaceful dinner.

Why don't parents watch their children better? Why were they allowing him to hang off that highchair like some monkey? The father should have WALKED his son back to the table...he should have either carried him or else held his hand. And when the kid was screaming "Mommy", his lazy ass Mom should have addressed him. I am sorry but that is a huge pet peeve of mine... Toddlers mouths run a mile a minute, true and they do interrupt a lot. But shouldn't "Mommy" address the child and at least say to him "Mommy is talking to Daddy right now. Please be quiet and Mommy will talk to you when she is finished talking to Daddy"? By ignoring the kid, they only get louder and disturb others.

Sorry, but take your kids to McDonalds or some other fast food restaurant for practice until they learn to have better manners before you try the nicer establishments...or else hire a babysitter. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Damsel

Postby Kanthume » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:58 am

Just what were those parents doing that they let their kid fall like that? It must have wrecked havoc on you.
Kanthume

Postby Bedford » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:04 am

Parents are too afraid to punish their children properly.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby haysi » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:44 am

Bedford wrote:Parents are too afraid to punish their children properly.

punish? in what way Bedford. And do you really work with kids?
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Bedford » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:39 pm

Spanking is effective, in moderation. But you have too many busybodies just waiting to call child protection services if a parent even raises their voice at a child. I have had brats who thought it would be funny to shove their fist up my ass after I walked past them ( I ended up puitting the fear of God into that brat, but he couldn't say he was sorry as he never had to before, so all he could do was tremble in fear). That was a few years ago, however.

I've learned just raising my voice can be effective, as is my height, in keeping some in line. But others are hopeless.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby legend » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:47 pm

look i worked in pizza hut for 3 years ,the first as a mannager,the last two as a waiter.
people just do not care what their kids do.
they dont watch them.they let them put their hands in the food on the salad bar .
as long as they are eating they dont worry about their kids and expect the staff to watch them .
people are so dumb.
you need a licence to drive.
but not to have kids .go figure eh?
We know that I'm a drunk. I hope you understand that I am a person who is totally at ease with that. Which is not to say that I'm indifferent or I don't care, I do. It simply means that I trust and accept your judgment.
legend
Holier Than Thou

Postby icufodu2 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:22 pm

While many ppl do seem to have a very laisez faire approach to raising their kids... the sad thing about this situation is that the parents will be able to successfully sue the restaurant for injuries incurred.

You are right Damsel, parents frequently fail to take the comfort of other diners into consideration when taking their broods out to eat. Personally, I don't think it matters if it is Chez Pricey or McD's, kids need to taught how to behave in public.

On the bright side of things, at least they were in the process of leaving and it didn't happen at the start of the meal.
icufodu2

Postby Damsel » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:25 pm

I will request to be seated elsewhere if there is a really bad family disturbing me. I spend a lot of money on going out to dinner and get really annoyed when others spoil it for me.
Damsel

Return to Flame Throwers