Ceresca... oops, I nearly swore!

What fries your fritters? Almost anything goes here. Rant, rave, and get it off your chest. Topics may be controversial and contain adult content. THIS FORUM MAY CONTAIN PROFANITY

Ceresca... oops, I nearly swore!

Postby dangler » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:09 am

Hi guys- don't quite know if I'm posting in the right section :oops: but have to get it off my chest about Cerescape.
I have been a member there for a couple of years I think- Not exactly one of the "life long members" or the "elite" :lol: but I thought I'd been there long enough to fit in.
In the early days there it seemed so different to other sites- the rules were relaxed, the atmosphere... informative, but most of all it was funny. There were some real characters there, and it made time online fly by.

Well not anymore.

It fucking sucks donkey balls and I needed to say it... somewhere for christs sake!

I think it started with the appaling way Jakimbro was treated, as he was one who may push the boundaries so to speak.
Since Jerry, a lot of the people there (Valley Sailor, AJRC, Disturbed Genius to name but a few) have now left.
The very thing which first drew me to the site has been gradually been sucked from the site, leaving an empty vessel of cliquéyness and best pals clubs.
One thing it never was was friendly. I remember the "invasion" from CB and I remember getting all shirty like the rest of them, but once the initial furore calmed down I got to know a few of them- and d'you know what? They were a lot like how Cerescape used to be, at least from my perspective.
So now I'm definately NOT going back- see my "resignation" :evil: :lol: :evil:

http://www.cerescape.com/discussionView.php?did=26820

I mean, Beso is one of the few people worth staying there to listen to.
But I digress- I was just logging in to add my two penneths worth when up popped 3 message from "The Moderators" (Wankers)
Third telling off now, category "silly sod"- or something.
Anyway, I wan't about to stay around to be pushed so I jumped- here!
I don't get online as much as I used to, but from now on I'll be here most likely than anywhere else in Cyberspace! :lol:
Vivé Yogi, and Vivé Brainformation.

Anyone else had simarlar shit flung in their general direction?
If you read the link above you'll see that all the little kiddies (sorry, super adult "moderators" jump in afterwards now that I have left- wimps.)
I don't even have the energy to jump back in, even if I could.
As they say "why stay there if I don't like it?"
Couldn't have put it better myself.
dangler
Helpless

Postby CT » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:31 am

I've read the thread the other day. I was thinking to myself that the ship is sinking. Now I think perhaps it is grounded, not unlike the MSC Napoli. Simply not enough members for the site to be how Gossy may have envisioned it to begin with. The mods are trying to keep the dream alive, but are just pushing people away. (See similarity to cargo containers washed up on shore).
PS have messaged Whiffey, hoping to see you two return with the Masterchef stuff here.
CT
Helpless

Postby Flawless » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:55 pm

Heh, yeah, Cerescape became shitty once it was forced to change from Brainfuse to Cerescape due to the online tutoring company named Brain-fuse. It really did used to be good. I mean they always did have the problem of making fun of people who didn't have perfect grammer or disagreed with them in their little "debates". But all in all it was pretty good. And then it truly died when the server they were on died and they just totally remade the site. Gossy is just a man with no balls. He used to be pretty active but then got busy and wasn't around much anymore. He used to be able to stop things before it really got started and people listened to him but not anymore. Basically, the moderators are users who have been with it since the beggining and paid Gossy alot of money to keep it up and so they now are making it to what they want it to be and straying away from Gossy's true dream and now Gossy really isn't/can't do anything about it. We've been around for 2 years now and I was one of the first to register for brainformation and one thing that will never happen is us treating new people like crap. I mean, there has been a small "invasion" of people from cerescape and for the most part we have treated them very nicely knowing that a couple of them would most likely try to start some trouble or something but we did give them a chance and they really haven't done much to get in trouble that I know of. I just go to cerescape to see if they are ever going to open back up the diary's so I can grab my diaries and probably put them on here. One of them is an incident from a church that I used to work at and the rest are funny quotes I've gathered.

Yogi and Rusty have done a great job with brainformation and I believe we've all done a great job improving the site through the last 2 years. And 2 years was all it took for Cerescape to go to shit.
[ GRAPHIC REMOVED by administrator ]

I am now dubbed the King of Hotness by Haysi

I am also the resident Cabana boy.
Flawless
Hero Of The Day

Postby haysi » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:39 pm

Dangler - I was permabanned a while ago. I had a 'go' at some of the cliquey people and was egged on by Mr Whiffster
I and many other people used to have a laugh, joke and some serious discussion on that site. I used to spend a lot of time over there until they introduced the 'new' rules due to 'alias abuse'. :roll: The moderators treated people differently FACT. Little jumped up jobsworths as far as I am concerned.

You are better off over here mate :biggrin:
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby dangler » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:03 pm

Thankyou kind scots lady X :wink:

Yes I shall resume my inane banter with "The Whiffenheimer" anytime he likes, and for the record- I am also GreggsPasty from CS... You can't have more than one account here(?) so Fat Gregory will have to be spoken about rather than in the first person... :(
Never mind- the new series bagan today and was as wonderful as ever!

*mumble, plop, spit, slaver* :suprised:
dangler
Helpless

Postby haysi » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:06 pm

ooooh Mr Dangler a X from a gentleman you are making me blush :oops:

Seriously, I used to have a ball on CS, had a good laugh with a lot of the folks on there and made some good friends.

Also had a bunch of fights and arguments too....aaahhhh the good old days *sigh :biggrin:
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:09 pm

I missed a whole 24 hours the other day as someone got me a suspension, I wonder who it was :lol: I think I'm on my last legs also, I've had loads of warnings about chatting, I can't help it I'm very inquisitive :biggrin:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Flawless » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:17 pm

So wait, we can chat on the fuse, or discussion now, area anymore?!

Flawless
Hero Of The Day

Postby pilvikki » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:08 am

well, that was my first - and last - visit to CS. category 2 offence? one day suspension?

:blahblah:

and yet.... i looked at a posting in the Questions part and there is a clearly chatty topic. the whole topic!

i couldn't handle that kind of confusing environment for one day.

YAY YOGI!
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby AJRC_CS » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:25 am

Hey, Dangler, glad you finally found this place. Been here since April last year and really wish i'd joined a lot earlier.

Yeah, CereScape used to be a great site, but then the moderators destroyed it. There are too many conflicting agendas, if you dare to question the moderators authority you get a suspension. I was suspended for a week because i asked one very vocal mod why it was one rule for some and one rule for others, i even provided proof of the fact, and i got a seven day suspension. That was the straw that broke the camels back, i knew the site was finished and so was my association with it. They told me one more warning would be the end of me, well that was like a red rag to a bull. :lol:

Nah, all CereScape has been left with is a few good users like Beso, a large portion of whining sycophantic ass hats and the all mighty few who call themselves "the community."

Your in a much better place now mate, lots of fun and laughs to be had and lots of old faces. Enjoy.
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby dangler » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:28 am

Cheers Andy, glad you're onboard!
D'you think your old nemesis Sundance might make it over here?!
The flamethrower section we're in at the moment would be right up his (and I suspect your street!)
:lol:
dangler
Helpless

Postby Yogi » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:57 am

dangler wrote:Cheers Andy, glad you're onboard!
D'you think your old nemesis Sundance might make it over here?!
The flamethrower section we're in at the moment would be right up his (and I suspect your street!)
:lol:

Sundance of Cerescape fame is in fact a member here and quite active in the politics/spirituality forums. He is not using the name Sundance on Brainformation.
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby StVandal » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:42 pm

There's a bunch of douches that hang out over on CS. I hope to god they don't end up coming over here.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:08 pm

StVandal - I've got to agree with you there mate! Trouble is, a few have creeped in (and been fairly obnoxious too) but hey, maybe folk can change ??
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby haysi » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:14 pm

Makinamess wrote:StVandal - I've got to agree with you there mate! Trouble is, a few have creeped in (and been fairly obnoxious too) but hey, maybe folk can change ??

:roll:

Yes folk can change Messy dont you think?

H
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:47 pm

Makinamess wrote:StVandal - I've got to agree with you there mate! Trouble is, a few have creeped in (and been fairly obnoxious too) but hey, maybe folk can change ??

Who's creeped in? Have I missed something :shock:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Flawless » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:44 pm

Regardless of how obnoxious they are they have behaved haveway decently to the point that I can stand them.

Flawless
Hero Of The Day

Postby Valleysailor » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:13 pm

I crept in from over there, but hope I have not been obnoxious ... oh, how my sister would be laughing her ass if she knew I said that.
There is no education in the second kick of the mule.
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Re: Ceresca... oops, I nearly swore!

Postby ohlia » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:22 pm

dangler wrote:Vivé Yogi, and Vivé Brainformation.

Here Here! I second that.
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby legend » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:50 pm

i love it when youre proved right.lol
i was treated like sh#te on cs by the mods and especially gossy.
but nice to see that even nice folks like yourself are finally waking up to see the light.
a little late id say.
but what the hell.
he who laughs last and all that.
oh btw
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahaha

been waiting 6 months to do that.
cheers :biggrin:
We know that I'm a drunk. I hope you understand that I am a person who is totally at ease with that. Which is not to say that I'm indifferent or I don't care, I do. It simply means that I trust and accept your judgment.
legend
Holier Than Thou

Next

Return to Flame Throwers