neighbours from hell

What fries your fritters? Almost anything goes here. Rant, rave, and get it off your chest. Topics may be controversial and contain adult content. THIS FORUM MAY CONTAIN PROFANITY

neighbours from hell

Postby Sandra » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:41 pm

Argh what the f*ck is it that people have to play their music so loud at the weekend :evil:

I wish I lived in the country with no one round about to annoy me.........
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bea » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:12 pm

sorry, i think that might have been me :biggrin:

I also wish i lived in the countryside. being at the lodge for weeks on end makes me hate coming back to civilisation.
“Eyes that do not cry, do not see”
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:14 pm

i've been very blessed in that respect so far in life. my ex-boyfriend used to choose to blast our stereo while i was trying to sleep before work. that was always so thoughtful and caring of him.

at least yours are strangers. mine was living in my own fucking house! WTF?

but i definitely don't get the ear splitting volume that people feel is necessary. i can't stand really loud music unless i'm listening to live music at a venue.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Sandra » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:24 pm

I've been up since 4.20 am, gave it up as a bad job in the end. I'm not against loud music, it usually doesn't bother me, but that constant 'thump thump thump' of rave music does my head in..........all I wanted was a good nights sleep and a long lie :(

bloody teenagers :evil:

(am I getting old)
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:30 pm

sadly, yes you are. but so am i so we are in that together. :)

i can't stand rave music unless at a rave!!!! if there ain't a DJ doing it live it's crap to me. especially sitting around a damn flat all night zoning out to techno. ugh, that's lame to me.

earplugs? have you tried them? balled up pieces of cotton in your ears? headphones with your own music? none of them really work for me but you might give them a go.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Sandra » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:39 pm

meadow wrote:sadly, yes you are. but so am i so we are in that together. :)

i can't stand rave music unless at a rave!!!! if there ain't a DJ doing it live it's crap to me. especially sitting around a damn flat all night zoning out to techno. ugh, that's lame to me.

earplugs? have you tried them? balled up pieces of cotton in your ears? headphones with your own music? none of them really work for me but you might give them a go.

tried all of the above, nothing works, well apart from :kickbutt: this morning :biggrin:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby haysi » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:46 am

I slept like a baby :biggrin:

OK, a baby who had drank two bottles of vino collapso but nevetheless a good sleep.
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby emanresu » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:02 am

I live across from a car wash where it's generally accepted (by the throwbacks who gather there) that you can't get your car clean without vibrating a six block area with the cranked up base of some of the most dumbass music you ever heard. I've been thinking of loading little packets with dog shit and getting a slingshot.
Are we there yet?
emanresu
Trapped Under Ice

Re: neighbours from hell

Postby Makinamess » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:46 pm

Sandra wrote:Argh what the f*ck is it that people have to play their music so loud at the weekend :evil:

You do have a means of stopping them Sandra, but it does involve Environmental Health folk from your local council and all sorts of other hoops to jump through. Far, far better for you to have a wee word with the neighbours and tell 'em that you will let Teri loose on them at 6 am on a Sunday morning if they don't tone it down a bit.
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:44 pm

And if that doesn't work, just threaten them with St Vandal and Bea coming to visit !
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Return to Flame Throwers