Litter Louts

What fries your fritters? Almost anything goes here. Rant, rave, and get it off your chest. Topics may be controversial and contain adult content. THIS FORUM MAY CONTAIN PROFANITY

Litter Louts

Postby haysi » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:56 am

Do my head in :evil:

What is so difficult about putting your own rubbish into a public bin or keeping hold of it until you get home to put it into your own waste bin? People who litter are supposed to be fined but who has actually been fined or knows someone who has been fined for littering?
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:00 am

Yep, they are one of my pet gripes as well ! When I suggested to some kids at a bus stop that they use the bin - less than a metre away - instead of the ground, they responded with two fingers, a lot of swear words and helpful comments about keeping the road sweepers in business !
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby haysi » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:07 am

:evil: I blame the parents LOL! I see it all the time, people eat something and then just toss away the wrapper! We have a 'gully' quite close to us and it has recently been cut back, trees have been felled and bushes cut down. The amount of rubbish that has been revealed is astonishing! Why dont people just dispose of their own garbage?? What is so hard about doing that?
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bea » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:28 am

Would you consider a cigarette end being thrown from a moving car littering?
“Eyes that do not cry, do not see”
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:39 am

bea wrote:Would you consider a cigarette end being thrown from a moving car littering?

Why do you not use an ashtray :confused:

When I smoked I threw my ciggie out the window and it blew back and I never noticed until we could smell something burning :shock:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bea » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:48 am

its hard when driving to usse the ashtray cos i'm right handed and the flickpot is on the left. Hence I got fined £50 for littering. Sneaky bastards. And i would never dream of dropping 'proper' litter. It really pisses me off. Although i did leave a banana skin on a window sill at the train station cos i'd been carrying it for 20 mins and there were no bins cos of possible terror.
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:53 am

bea wrote:its hard when driving to usse the ashtray cos i'm right handed and the flickpot is on the left. Hence I got fined £50 for littering.

What, for throwing a ciggie end out of a window?
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bea » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:58 am

yep. from my window, and i was doing about 60mph. must have been in front of a council van who took my reg and shopped me :evil:
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:04 pm

bea wrote:yep. from my window, and i was doing about 60mph. must have been in front of a council van who took my reg and shopped me :evil:

thats shocking.... smoking is an expensive habit :biggrin:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby threenorns » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:14 pm

that was probably because tossing butts from the car is dangerous: http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/01/04/w ... index.html
threenorns
Helpless

Postby bea » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:23 pm

not in this country it isn't.
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby threenorns » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:05 pm

everybody in all convertibles is bald?
threenorns
Helpless

Postby bea » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:57 pm

er, this is the north east of england. no-one is rich enough for a convertible and even if they are they never have the top popped cos its always raining.
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:22 pm

i hate litterbugs as well! my ex-roomie used to do stupid crap all the time and i'd go behind her and pick it up. i finally put some little plastic bags in the car so we could just put the trash in there.

i'm sorry but a cigarette ash burned the shit out of the hood of my old car!!!! some dude flipped it out of his window and it landed on my hood and burned the paint!!!!

sorry, you need to learn to switch and just put it in the ashtray! naughty Bea! tsk tsk!!!! there's no excuse for laziness, girlie!!! :wink:
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby ohlia » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:02 pm

People spitting in the street, and people not cleaning up after their dogs. :shoot: :deadhorse:
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:05 pm

ewwww!!!! :barf: that's a gross one, for sure.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby haysi » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:04 pm

Bea - yep I would consider throwing a cigarette butt out of a moving car as littering too.

We have a 'smoking' area outsides of our place of work. There are cigarette bins and still people stub the butt out on the pavement - why?

People are just basically lazy :roll:
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:24 pm

OK, so we have established that dog mess, human c**p and lit fag ends are really bad... but what about balloons ? It sort of worries me every time I see a *balloon* fest being released, what happens to all those bits of latex ?
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby threenorns » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:56 pm

they fly gaily through the troposphere until they pop and send little bits of latex gaily littering the landscape for assorted fuzzy little animals and birds to eat and die.
threenorns
Helpless

Postby pilvikki » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:40 pm

letting balloons go here is at least frowned upon, if not illegal.

ignorance is bliss: i used to love watching balloons float up to the sky, drive my 383 road runner, flick a dead butt out the car window, have one for the road etc.

the sides of the main streets in brampton are disgusting in the spring/late winter as they don't get cleaned up until some magical date, probably from when the snow melted in the 1950's.

when i went to school in sweden, all the older kids had to participate in spring clean up. here's your bag, here's your boss [an older kid], have fun!

puts things into perspective.
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Next

Return to Flame Throwers