Litter Louts

What fries your fritters? Almost anything goes here. Rant, rave, and get it off your chest. Topics may be controversial and contain adult content. THIS FORUM MAY CONTAIN PROFANITY

Postby threenorns » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:13 pm

after doing my stint as the manager for the dump up north, i'm a firm believer that all kids should have to do two weeks volunteer work at a landfill during high summer.
threenorns
Helpless

Postby pilvikki » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:19 pm

sounds reasonable to me.

now see what the Bored of Education thinks of this...
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby meadow » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:30 am

i pick up my own trash and sometimes pieces of someone's elses. but there is no way in hell i would ever do that. nor let any child in my vicinity do it. they can pick up trash on the side of the streets and roads.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby pilvikki » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:16 am

could you clarify, pls.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby threenorns » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:37 pm

obviously, meadow, you've never worked at a landfill.

either that, or you're from some rarified strata of society that doesn't have to sully its hands with the refuse of its own making.

and i thought you didn't want kids? what do you care what other ppl do with theirs? both of my older kids served time at the landfill - their duty was to break open bags and retrieve pop cans, scatter the bag contents over the pit, put the cans in a perforated barrel and hose them down, then crush them for recycling. they both made good money doing that.
threenorns
Helpless

Postby solana » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:55 pm

no honest labor has is less honorable than any other job...

what matters is the caliber of person doing the work..
gathering trash, brain surgery.
both equally honorable opportunity for employment..
but if the trash collector is not a man or woman of honor. or the surgeon. well then...
.fcv/v"
solana
Hero Of The Day

Postby meadow » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:21 pm

i wouldn't let any child in my care at any time do anything resembling working at a landfill. period. there are plenty of other "hard labor" jobs they could do that gives them that sense of hard work, dollars earned and all that stuff that most kids need desperately and don't get. i've worked PLENTY of hard labor, back breaking, hard sweatin' jobs my entire life. you don't need to ingest the fumes of garbage to feel accomplished at back breaking work!!!

yes, i'm from such a rarified state of society. *gigantic eyeroll* yep, living in the ghetto is awful rarified!!! being poor is awfully rarified!

nice assumptions you got going there!

and yes, i happen to care about other people's kids. i know it's a caaaar-azy concept for those "parents" out there that someone who doesn't want kids cares about children. not to extent some people do, because i don't believe that children are more important than everyone else or to the exclusion of everyone else. but yes, i happen to care about other people's kids. oops! there goes more assumptions!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby haysi » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:01 am

I read yesterday that Glasgow Council has fined 3000 people for littering and imposed fines of £50! Good on them. Glasgow is a marvellous city, and it should be kept clean.
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:25 am

about bloody time!

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Previous

Return to Flame Throwers