Do you wanna know?.........

What fries your fritters? Almost anything goes here. Rant, rave, and get it off your chest. Topics may be controversial and contain adult content. THIS FORUM MAY CONTAIN PROFANITY

Do you wanna know?.........

Postby chicklin » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:13 pm

..........what really makes me mad?..........and also its something I can't for the life of me understand....
.........why do some people have multiple 'aliases' in these forums for the sole purpose of causing trouble and deceiving others????

What on earth is going on in their heads???

What possible pleasure or satisfaction do they get from starting a post in one name then answering it in one of their other guises???

I've pondered on this for a quite a few weeks now - since the downfall of another site I enjoyed being part of until it was ruined by all the undercurrents and suspicions caused by one person in particular.

This person had multiple usernames but would vehemently deny it when challenged. They sent nasty pm's around from one of the aliases and even sent themselves one to make it look like it wasn't them.

This person had the cheek to accuse me on a number of occasions of pretending to be someone else!!.........and made a big thing on the boards of being really 'anti' aliases - when all the time they had more faces than a bucket of coins!

So basically....I just can't get my head around the idea that this is fun...or a good idea. In my experience it does nothing but breed distrust and ruin things.

Because of the anonymity of the Internet, we can all cultivate whatever image we want to project to the people we come into contact with. But I just cannot understand how someone can set out to deliberately deceive people and cause insidious suspicions to gradually undermine the structure of a group and perhaps contribute in the disintegration of the community that evolves on these forums over time.

Why do they do it???? :argh:
Karma will always come back and get you so be nice to everyone
chicklin
Trapped Under Ice

Postby brandtrn » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:38 pm

WHY do they do it?? More than likely, because they're sad people with pathetic lives, and this is the only way that they can stir up a bit of excitement or gain attention from others. Obviously, they lack such things in their "real lives." Such people are sad, and deserve pity. They also deserve to be ignored...
"The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them." -- Mark Twain
brandtrn
Bad Seed

Postby meadow » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:16 pm

people think they are better than and above everyone else. smarter, funnier, wittier and they feel they are right in all things.

and some are just fucking idiots who deserve to be shin kicked and slapped upside their head. i don't get the alias thing at all. never had one, never needed one. i'm content to be a big fucking bitch as myself and to someone's face. i'd never be a coward and put some fake assed front on to hurt someone else.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby ohlia » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:47 pm

Childish, immature and loves strife.
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby AJRC_CS » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:50 pm

Not seen it happen much here, maybe i've not been looking. But on CereScape i had a problem with three people of the right wing persausion on there and they created many aliases to harass and attack me. All because i disagreed with their politics. :roll:

One even made death threats to me and my family, so i had him banned and he came back with so many aliases to continue his personal attacks that i lost count as to how many he had. Once i'd realised what a pussy he was and that he was all mouth and no balls, and had long girlieman hair! It actually became good fun to out his aliases, it was like a game. :D

I think they do it because firstly they have no life, secondly can't stand anyone disagreeing with them and thirdly that they're just bitter and evil.

I've never used an alias. I never change my user name, i'm always either AJRC or some variation of AJRC on every forum i'm on.
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Return to Flame Throwers