Myspace

Software and hardware questions and advice for the novice and the professional.

Myspace

Postby haysi » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:47 am

I am experiencing some problems when logged onto myspace - the system crashes quite frequently. Does this happen to anyone else? Any suggestions as to why this happens?
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:33 am

firstly make sure you are actually logging into MySpace!!!! don't ever use those friendly email reminders to log into MySpace. spammers and phishers use fake ones to get your email, your password and all that.

i always log in via

http://login.myspace.com

and only that. that way i KNOW it's MySpace!!!

but there are a lot of viruses, mal-ware, spyware and bad shit on MySpace on some profiles. so you need to be careful where you click because a lot of profiles can be fake...they are up only to put a Trojan or worse on your computer.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby haysi » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:36 am

I had some problems a couple of weeks ago when I downloaded something from a message from 'Tom' my computer shut down completely :shock:

I have antivirus and antiphishing software which I thought would keep most of the spam away. Its just annoying when my lappy freezes every so often on myspace and then shuts down the internet connection. :confused:
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:43 am

i would recommend that you change your password, posthaste, on MySpace. that's usually something they are aiming for. then they hack your account and post lots of nonsense and other things that destroy computers.

i'd also make sure to clean out all the cookies, temporary file folders and the history as well. then run all your anti-spam and all that!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby haysi » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:21 pm

:shock: ok going to go do that right now!!
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Return to Computers