DNA taken from male babies at birth

A forum for pointed and structured discussions of any topic. The rules of engagement are more rigorously enforced here than in the other forums.

Postby pilvikki » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:11 pm

okay silke, i sense a wee bit hostility there....

as for the dress code, angel dear, that was pretty neanderthal [w/apologies to said people].

i think we're drifting here...?

i'll start a new one on clothes.
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Silke » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:53 am

...I agree to the hostility... let´s call it sarcasm... :wink:
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby threenorns » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:28 am

when i found out that an estimated 38% of non-custodial fathers are not the biological father of the child they've been supporting from birth and then not even a month later, someone i know found out his younger son has a fifty-fifty chance of not being his (50-50 that she's admitting, rumour of course puts the odds higher against him), i thought DNA typing at birth was a fine idea, just like they fingerprint and footprint now.

they could do it the same way: everybody gets a birth cert same as usual, only it holds a microchip containing the DNA code of the person named on the cert (failsafes and such would be used to reduce fraud).

the data couldn't actually be stored - it's a staggering amount ad they're having trouble containing only the criminal element's now - so it would, like the fingerprints, be entered into the system only upon a criminal conviction. when a child is born, the paternal DNA would be immediately confirmed and everybody knows where they stand.

right there, no more paternity fraud and a lot less profligate procreation!
threenorns
Helpless

Postby pilvikki » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:35 am

who's your daddie...?
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Previous

Return to Debate and Discussion