Baby for a mate.

A forum for pointed and structured discussions of any topic. The rules of engagement are more rigorously enforced here than in the other forums.

Postby threenorns » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:50 pm

oh,. i definitely could - whine and complain though i did (bed rest SUCKS), i do enjoy feeling like the best christmas present in the world. i can honestly state that in some ways, i like being an expectant parent more than i like being a parent (for one thing, you always know where the sprout is!).

meadow: you say you don't like it when people make you feel inferior for ot wanting to procreate. if you don't like it, then why do you put down those of us who do happen to enjoy being parents? fair is fair. you come off not sounding as though you made a choice but sounding like you actually hate children and that's just disturbing.

secondly, that sorry old line about all the millions of unwanted kids doesn't wash. most of the unwanted kids are special needs and there are very few people capable of acceptinng such children which is probably why they're allowed to adopt them by the gross. when you add that it's insanely expensive to adopt anny kid at all, it's understandable why the lines are rather short at that end of the fertility pool.
threenorns
Helpless

Postby solana » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:24 am

I give credit to anyone who could do that.. I never, ever could....

too hard...
.fcv/v"
solana
Hero Of The Day

Postby meadow » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:29 am

threenorns:

there was a farmer had a dooooog and BINGO was his name-o!

please, feel free to make all the ignorant assumptions about ChildFree women like me that you like. i don't hate children but i don't think they are the best and most special Gift From God because they are children! i really don't like most PARENTS actually because i find that laziness, stupidity and ignorance is rampant about what having a child actually means. i don't have to have one to know what it's like!

"special needs" kids? do you mean actual disabled or mentally challenged children? or are you lumping the abused and unwanted ones in that huge lump of a broad word?

most of the girls in China aren't special needs. they just happen to be girls. and i don't know many special needs children up for adoption and foster care here in the United States. again, unless you are lumping abused children or children who have been unwanted since birth in with the actual disabled ones.

i'm not sure where you get your "information" about that from but i KNOW that there are plenty of unwanted, unloved, healthy kids who just need some attention, love and parenting. being abused isn't special needs. it just means they need a little more attention and education on how to deal with them.

but again, please, continue to entertain me with your wildly fantastic assumptions about me and my ChildFree status.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby threenorns » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:32 pm

i don't know what planet you live on, but in north america, the majority of children in care are in care because of problems at home relating to drug and alchohol abuse by the parents. most of them are from single-parent homes, usually the mother, often with an abusive live-in boyfriennd or stepfather. normal, healthy babies born to normal healthy mothers are in the minority - check with your local children's aid if you don't believe me. hell, google child killed "in care".

international adoption is extremely difficult unless you're madonna or angelina and in any case, it's hideously expensive. that 25 grand price tag they quote so freely? that's just the start - they don't tell you about the numerous "tips" and "gratuities" that need to be made to various civil servants if you want to meet the kid before her age of majority until after you've dropped your 50% deposit.
threenorns
Helpless

Postby solana » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:36 pm

you are right about the expense three....

My friend Rach has a cousin who is adopting a baby from Guatemala...a little boy..

some of us at work are helping out with that...donating baby money ..
it has been a year.. they have visited 2x ... he is still not home...
.fcv/v"
solana
Hero Of The Day

Postby pilvikki » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:38 pm

all children looking for adoptive parents are "special needs", otherwise they'd not be looking for parent(s).
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby solana » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:39 pm

so true P
.fcv/v"
solana
Hero Of The Day

Postby meadow » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:10 pm

but in vitro or surrogacy is cheaper? i'm pretty sure IVF is fairly pricey but i'm sure you know everything about that!

being from an abusive home doesn't designate "special needs" to people. special needs would designate a child with mental or physical disabilities like retardation or disease. :roll: but again, since you are a mother, you know all about all of that, right? i'm sure you are a dang near expert on everything, ain'tcha?
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby threenorns » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:35 pm

actually, meadow, yes - i am nearly an expert on "everything". it's a compound word in the English language of the noun persuasion, root words "every", a non-discriminatory inclusive term, and "thing", a variable referring to an item.
threenorns
Helpless

Postby meadow » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:38 pm

how wonderful and special and fabulous for you then. go on, girl! you work it then!

*sashay shante!*

:lol:
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Previous

Return to Debate and Discussion