Hello, sweethearts....

Past and present member introductions

Hello, sweethearts....

Postby Silke » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:44 pm

I have to say, this part reminds me of some suport group where everyone say "Hi! I'M (put your name here), and I (admitts whatever the suport group is for)." and then everyone else goes "Hi!" back and the day/week/month/year or life is saved... so I guess I better get started.

Hi! I'm a girl from Norway, and I'm 18 years old... Right now the only thing I can come up with admitting is that I'm bored... so... wanna help me get over my problem anyone?
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:49 pm

[watches the stampede with trepidation]

where in norway do you live?
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Damsel » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:57 pm

Hi Silke.
Damsel

Postby Yogi » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:11 pm

Hi, I'm Yogi, and I'm the enabler - otherwise known as the administrator of this place. I've been without a real life now for more years than I care to count. That's the main reason I created this place. Please help me :tongue:

Oh, and by the way, welcome Silke. You are going to like it here; we are all pretty nice folks. However, you have to be careful of the one who thinks she is a penguin, but she is mostly harmless.
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby Silke » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:19 pm

pilvikki: I live in the middle of it.. why do you ask?

Yogi: well, I just have too much on my hands right now you know... job, study, playing, fooling around... so I just guess the only thing I have time for right now is help you not regaining your life ;)
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Rusty » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:01 pm

Hi silke and welcome.
It`s always nice to see new members and I hope you find some time in your busy schedule to visit often.
It was one of those perfect English autumnal days which occur more frequently in memory than in life.
Rusty
Site Admin

Postby Bedford » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:25 pm

Welcome to BF, Silke. Share some popcorn.

:lurk:
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby Tamisita » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:57 pm

Hi Silke! Are you still in high school or are you in college? What would you like for a career?
To the world you may be one person. But to one person you may be the world.
Tamisita
Outlaw Torn

Postby pilvikki » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:23 pm

oh, the reason i was asking, before i was rudely interrupted once again, was because there's only one place i've been to in norway, but can't for my life remember what it's called now.... it's in the middle. let me see...

i found it! it's röyrvik.

there's a dammed up river and spectacular fishing there, close to the swedish border. my sister and b-i-l are usually up there in june.

anyway, welcome! and please ignore yogi's comments about my being dangerous. the only thing you need to watch is my beak, should i get very, very annoyed. but usually it takes me a good while to clue in -- and by then everybody's scattered.

glitterfang understands, i'm sure.

:penguin:
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby mdkilmer » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:37 pm

Hi, and welcome.

Help us all out here: we've been taking up a collection to ship pilvikki somewhere. How about we ship her to you and you release her into the wild? I'm sure that Yogi will give you a shiny new US 25-cent piece for this service-- he's rich.

The Flamethrowers/Start a Rumor Forum is the best place to find out about everybody.

:D
<b>"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."</b>

...Albert Schweitzer
mdkilmer
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:47 pm

pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Bedford » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:50 pm

Yep, Rockhoppers definitely rule. Penguins do in general, but Rockhoppers especially rule.

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby mdkilmer » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:55 pm

Rockhoppers are for the birds.
<b>"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."</b>

...Albert Schweitzer
mdkilmer
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Ragman » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:09 pm

Greeting Silke and welcome to this small corner of the internet. Beautiful country Norway. Stayed a couple of days in Tromso on a port visit back in June 1983. I remember the fjords into which we went to look at glaciers and the like when we weren't chasing the ennemy. Most of us were in awe of the beauty of the barren land.

One thing I remember about Tromso is that just about everything was very expensive. Is this the norm in your country or just because of Tromso's location above the Artic Circle?

Another thing I'll never forget is the near 24 hour daylight. Kind of weird when you come off the middle watch (00:00 till 04:00) go out for a bit of fresh air and it's still light outside. Sort of throws the biological clock out of wack.
Ragman

Postby StVandal » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:20 pm

Hiya, and welcome to the site!
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Bedford » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:24 am

mdkilmer wrote:Rockhoppers are for the birds.

Save the puns for me. :cool:

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby bermbits » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:17 am

Oooooh, Glitter...

nice puns!
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Silke » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:07 pm

Thanks all!

I see I have to check in more often, people are actually replying here... that´s a new experience...
lets see..

Pilviki: I´ll guess I´ll just take my chances with you, and see where it leads me... I have been told I could scare a rock into running, so be a pingwin if you like... I allmos say "I dare you to scare me", but then I found I´d like to know you abit better first... I´ll tell you later.. Røyrvik is about five hours drive from here by the way...

Tamista: High school I belive would be the right term... next year I´ll go into practice. I hope to be a costume designer, tailor, actor, theatre instructor, pyroteknician, fire blower, entertainer and dancer. what about you?

Glitterfang: Thanks for the popcorn! I love it! :D

Anything I´ve forgotten? Ah well, I guess I´ll just have to tell later then ;)
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Flogo » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:17 pm

I like your name - Silke - seems to just glide, like something over ice.
I am the ancient one here. 4 score and a few more in age.
But a much younger lady in spirit.

Welcome!
Flogo
Helpless

Postby Tamisita » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:40 pm

Wow...that's quite a list of what you want to be. I'm hoping to become a nurse. I'm thinking maybe a pediatric nurse, but as my friends know, I'm very indecisive so my dream careers change rapidly. I'm in my last year of High school...what do you call it there?
To the world you may be one person. But to one person you may be the world.
Tamisita
Outlaw Torn

Next

Return to [Archive] Member Introductions