Hello, sweethearts....

Past and present member introductions

Postby Silke » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:09 am

i don´t know what the english word for it is, but in norwegian it is "vidregående skole". I think Highschool is the closest, and I´m in my last year as well. All though when you are done in "our highschool", you aren´t done with you education. you are either allowed to continiue to collage, or you could become apprentice. That depends on what course you choose in highschool. If you choose more school, you can never go back to become aprentice, but if you choose to become aprentice, you could always take a course to allow yourself to take more school afterwards... so... what did I pick?
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Tamisita » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:40 pm

So...why is it that you can't go back to be an apprentice? Is there a certain reason?
To the world you may be one person. But to one person you may be the world.
Tamisita
Outlaw Torn

Postby Silke » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:52 am

Because of the subjects you'll take... You could take another kind of work though... If you work with normal sallery at a place for five or six years, you'll have the same education as if you take school and aprentionship... but finding somewhere that is willing to empoy you when you know nothing, and keep you for five years... well, the chances are small...
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Tamisita » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:39 pm

Sorry if I seem stupid...but I've never heard of this before. So are you going to be an apprentice? And where?
Tamisita
Outlaw Torn

Postby Silke » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:27 am

You problably have, only I'm lacking vocabulary to express my self with the proper words in english...

Problably I'm going to be aprentice in Oslo, learning to sewtheatre costumes... that will be fun..
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Tamisita » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:38 pm

Oh wow, I think I understand now. That's sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Are you really good at sewing? Do you sew your own clothes or anything? I think that would be fun to be able to do...unfortunately...I don't know how to sew.
Tamisita
Outlaw Torn

Postby Silke » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:30 pm

hehe... I could sew beforehand, but only small stuff... and clothes I tried my self on tended to fall apart... but it is much better now. My first sucsess on clothes was a corset. I had help from my stepfathers mother, who have sewn all her life. Truly, she did half the sewing, but I stil helped.

My next prdject is a archers glove... going to look nice, and I'm never ever going to sew another one. It is tough, though I think I'll pull through.

Problem with sewing your own clothes, here at least, is that it is much cheaper to buy them finished. The price of cloth or fabric is as high or higher that the price of finished clothing. Is it cheaper over there? wherever "there" is?
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:15 pm

way cheaper to buy. but then you get what you pay for as well, so....
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Tamisita » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:31 pm

It's cheaper to buy...I think...as I said...I don't sew, so I don't really need fabric. "Here" is in Texas, which is part of the United States. It's not usually that cold here...and well, I live in a small town. I'm half Spanish...I look Mexican...and I'm half Irish. Basically...I'm picked on a lot from racism. But it's ok...I'll deal. I really enjoy reading, talking to my best friend online, listening to music, and playing in the band. What do you like to do for fun? I'm guessing sew is one of them? Do you have any animals? I love animals.
Tamisita
Outlaw Torn

Postby Silke » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:23 am

True pilvikki.. When sewing it yourself you actually can choose what to wear for your self...

I did have some cats a few years back... but then we realized that both me and my mother are alergic to cats... and now she has merried someone who sneaze even if it was only the cat-food he walked by on the mall... so no animals for me. We could have a fish though, but I don't se the pont in it. They are only decorations who move and you have to feed.

Hobbies? far to many I'm afraid. Ever heard of poi? well, I like to use them. And juggle. And staffing. And firebreathing, firestaffing, firepoing. And acrobatics. And acting. And reading. and problaby a lot more I can't think of right now because it is too much. Ever thought about who's stupid idea it was that the day and night together only holds twenty four hours? In my opinion, the day should have twenty four hours, only the working part of it shall not be expanded. The night should have twenty-four hours, only you should not have to sleep any more. That would give me the time to do everything I want to do :D
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:06 pm

move futher north in summer....

:D

actually i'd love the idea of not needing any sleep. such a flippin' waste of time and beds take up a lot of space and.....
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby MarkHimself » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:03 pm

Ooooh. I'm a big fan of the Nordic countries, happy to see you here. Welcome to Brainformation.
I reject your reality and substitute my own
MarkHimself
Trapped Under Ice

Postby Silke » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:37 pm

Pilvikki... I've lived in the midnight sun's realem... I still needed sleep, so there weren't more time.. just more light...

Hi markie! nice to see you too! :D
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Nathaniel » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:02 pm

Uhh, Silke, I thought we could like, study and then become apprentices, don't you remember mrs (&¤%¤!# told us that in class? Me bored btw.... And I want saturday! Big time!
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Silke » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:01 am

Hia...

mrs???

and studdy what? I'm aplying for apreniships shortly now..
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Nathaniel » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:09 am

Mrs Berg.... *kills teacher with big great axe* Or even better, I'd kill her with a baseball bat.... *crunch* You know, we could go to university, like a school in Oslo or something and then we could pick up apprenticeship later or whatever... Anyway... Uhm... I'm not applying for apprenticeship yet.
"Homophobia - the irrational fear that homosexuals will move in and rearrange your furniture against your will."
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Silke » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:11 am

hehe... I like her... It is the rasistic one I disslike...

University is not for me, not now anyway.... Apreniship... for me it is a ticet into the theatre-sosiety in norway. I know a lot of people who knows someone, but I want to know those someones my self...
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Nathaniel » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:19 am

I can sort of understand that... The rasistic thing I mean... But I think I'm going to be stuck in schooling for the rest of my 150 years long life :P You know, I took that alignment-thingy and I came out as true neutral... I thought I'd be like lawful good or something!! Fuck me freddy, I'd say...
"Homophobia - the irrational fear that homosexuals will move in and rearrange your furniture against your will."
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Silke » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:20 am

LOL
you? lawful good? right!!!!!

I was true nutral as well...
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Nathaniel » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:23 am

What's wrong with me lawful good?! What did you think I'd end up a? At least I thought I would be good-aligned.... :( *pout*
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

PreviousNext

Return to [Archive] Member Introductions