dangler- a second coming...

Past and present member introductions

dangler- a second coming...

Postby dangler » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:20 am

This is the second time I have arrived here, mainly because so many have left CS that I was fond of.

In my first "escape from CS" I wrote this:

http://www.brainformation.com/forum/vie ... php?t=2184

This I might add, was when all the Chatterbank Brigade arrived on mass and seemed to cause a lot of trouble- However, after a while it became clear that many of you were a real laugh and I have made a few good online friendships. Sadly some have been banned on CS and this has made it a duller place to be.
I suppose I am firstly apologising for my first comments in the link above, and secondly I am saying a big HELLO to those who don't know me! I am more than likely to be here a lot (and probably still popping into CS to see the few who are worth popping in for). As time goes on I think I'll be here more than there so feel free to message me- I like fun and silliness above all... :D
dangler
Helpless

Postby Bedford » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:32 am

Welcome back. :welcome:
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby Makinamess » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:12 am

Welcome to this fine and lovely place. Grab a comfy armchair (no, not that one, that's mine) and prepare yourself for some entertainment. Most folk around here are fairly :crazy: but in the nicest possible way ! Watch out for the animals - we have a penguin or three, :bird: :cat: :banana: :monkey: :GF: :cat2: Image Image Image , a Yogi Bear and Legend of course :baby:
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Lore » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:19 am

*peers over specs* is that Dangler I can see? *wibble* surely not!

hey you! good to have you here :welcome:
Lore
Outlaw Torn

Postby dangler » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:43 am

Thanks guys! :bounce:

Just had a PM with Whiffey, my "partner in crime" at Cerescape :lol:
Feels good here, hopefully when a few others at CS see what its like they may join up too!
Tally ho!
dangler
Helpless

Postby bermbits » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:51 am

Welcome again - we're all worth spending time with, except for, well, you know...

(Only kidding - there's a great bunch here! Even though there are certainly some differences of opinion, I don't believe I have seen too many personal attacks or overt disrespect, the lack of which is the key to a successful site.)
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Rusty » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:15 am

Welcome back. :D
It was one of those perfect English autumnal days which occur more frequently in memory than in life.
Rusty
Site Admin

Postby Yogi » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:22 am

It's always a good sign to see people return. We have been host to refugees from other sites from day one of our existence, and are glad to welcome back old friends. You contributions to our forum are greatly anticipated.
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby m485 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:59 am

hey, dangler, how's it going :cool:
m485

Postby Gill » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:32 am

Hey Dangler, good to see you :biggrin:
Gill

Postby legend » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:57 am

hiya rangdel good to see someone else has escaped from hogwarts and come over from the darkside. :lol: this is the place to be :D no stuckup twats here just a happy bunch o0f gimp`s. :lmao2: :lmao1: but we know that were gimps so its ok.anyone who wants to come here should have a good sense of humour and i dont think that yoda really cares if you got a diploma that says you only type properly and puntuate.we dont need that here.this is a hapy happy place .come in and join the party :balloons: :drunk: :bounce: :lurk: :juggle: :evildance: :cool2: :drunk: its funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
We know that I'm a drunk. I hope you understand that I am a person who is totally at ease with that. Which is not to say that I'm indifferent or I don't care, I do. It simply means that I trust and accept your judgment.
legend
Holier Than Thou

Postby StVandal » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:47 am

Hello!
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Damsel » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:19 pm

Hi and welcome.

CS is what they made it out to be and I hope they are happy with their lame community.
Damsel

Postby Sarah » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:26 pm

Hi, welcome back!
Hope for the best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.
Sarah
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby dangler » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:33 am

Many thanks to so many old faces! (and a few new ones :tongue: )
Yes, I feel like I am reaching the end of the road at Cerescape- It has had its ups, but I think it is on a downward spiral now...
So many political fuses (oh sorry- moderator warning- it is now called "discussions" silly me) and not enough input from regular people.
In fact, I have had a few warnings now and they're always about the most stupid thing- look at this for instance...

http://www.cerescape.com/discussionView.php?did=26294

in it I get a lecture from Apollo (who I though I got on with- then again, he

is a new Mod... :shock: - maybe power's gone to his head like all the others?) on what category to post under! I even had it deleted as "It was posted under silly, not under jokes! Bloody hell- if that's going to be the way from now on in Cerescape they can shove it :roll:
dangler
Helpless

Postby Makinamess » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:48 am

There are ways of saying things and there are ways of saying things. On CS I felt we were being treated as 6 year old children and would get our wrists slapped for being naughty, with the end result that everyone started to behave like silly kids. On this lovely site however, we are treated as adults and consequently behave accordingly (apart from Legend of course :tongue:).

Look at the way that Yogi has dealt with the development of "adult" posts - nope, he hasn't deleted them or slapped anyone down with a banishment or a penalty - he created a special area for them, moved them over there and told everyone about it with a cautionary note about their content.
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:13 am

that maybe 'cauyse the big bear's a grown up and not someone pretending to.

well, that was my first and last visit to CS.

and to.... who started this?

well, hello again!
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby snapdharlich » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:18 pm

I'll never stop being a knobhead...but jolly well delighted to see you here...

Now...

What's that about mobility scooters? :wink:
snapdharlich

Postby Makinamess » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:22 pm

Snapslovelyman - there is no way on this earth that you are a Knobhead or Nobhead or however it is spelled !!! As for mobility scooters, well, that's for Dangler to deal with :lmao1:
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Legion » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:13 am

Hello Dang - you retarded northern misfit - I think you're being a bit hard on yourself. Your wife insists that you can last 5 seconds - & she should know! :moon: :lmao1: :moon:
'There is no point running if you are on the wrong road'
Quantam Ubi Sub Ubi
Legion
Frantic

Next

Return to [Archive] Member Introductions