Petunia Princess/Lakemono

Past and present member introductions

Petunia Princess/Lakemono

Postby lakemono » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:12 am

Hi, everyone!

I am a refugee from a site that was summarily disbanded. I look forward to meeting all of you (yes ... it's true ... I have no life and plenty of time to meet all 2,000 of you). At that site I was known as Petunia Princess (long story ... very long story). But here I will be known as Lakemono ... "Lake" for short.

Here's a little bit about me: I'm a woman (you guessed that already, didn't you? Was it the name that gave it away?), am 52 years old, live in Huntington Beach, CA, love to knit, work out almost everyday at the gym (trying to lose about 15 pounds), am married to a wonderful man, have a 25 year old son (who works and goes to college), and I have a background in human resources management. Oh - one other thing - I love kettle corn. Those of you who have tried it know what I mean. The stuff is addictive. Also, I know Yogi from another site. If there is anything you want to know about him, just ask me. You won't get a straight answer, but you will get an answer nonetheless. :biggrin:
lakemono
n00bie

Postby Yogi » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:50 am

Hey Lake. Welcome to our world. You are going to fit in perfectly here. Most of us, including myself, are refugees from some other place or another. I have to admit that having known you as long as I have, the fact that you love kettle corn somehow escaped me. You're going to have to elaborate a bit on that one.

And, it's ok to reveal my secret life. I know where the "delete post" button is :rex: :biggrin:
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby Sandra » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:58 am

Welcome lakemono. Very nice of you to join us here at yogi's mad house :biggrin:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bermbits » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:31 am

Welcome! :D

You'll love it here - just watch out for the troll (of course, you have to figure out who that is).

(What site went down the tubes?)
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby mdkilmer » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:59 am

Hi, and welcome!

Please tell us all about Yogi. The best place to post juicy items is in the "Flame Throwers" forum, in the "Rumor" thread.

I've had kettle corn at fairs. I think it's ok, but my favorite is funnel cakes.
<b>"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."</b>

...Albert Schweitzer
mdkilmer
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Rusty » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:31 am

Hi and welcome. :D

I too know loads about Yogi and find it difficult to type with one arm twisted up my back. :biggrin:
It was one of those perfect English autumnal days which occur more frequently in memory than in life.
Rusty
Site Admin

Postby brandtrn » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:51 am

Hi, and :welcome:
"The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them." -- Mark Twain
brandtrn
Bad Seed

Postby Bedford » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:30 am

Welcome to the looney bin from the penguin contigent. :welcome:

The best kettle corn I've ever had was from a private vendor at Rock City.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby Flawless » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:35 am

Welcome, beware of the penguins.
[ GRAPHIC REMOVED by administrator ]

I am now dubbed the King of Hotness by Haysi

I am also the resident Cabana boy.
Flawless
Hero Of The Day

Postby steg » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:16 am

hello lake and welcome to our place of worship Image
virtutis gloria merces
steg
Helpless

Postby haysi » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:27 pm

Hello Lake, Have fun

Hx
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:41 pm

heya Lake! i remember you well, welcome! i hope your fabulous mom isn't too far behind you. :) she's one of my all time favorite online peoples.

i can't eat kettle corn. or popcorn. or corn on the cob. well, not without risking losing a few teeth. *LOL*
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby ohlia » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:34 pm

Hello Lake and Image
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby lakemono » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:35 pm

Thank you all so very much for the warm welcome!

1. Kettle corn is a type of popcorn. It's cooked in cast-iron or stainless steel kettles using propane as a heat source and soybean or canola oil as the oil of choice. Usually every popper has his or her favorite sweetening agent to add to the pot. And salt is added, too. The end result is a slightly sweet, slightly salty popcorn. You've got to try it, if you haven't already! Yum!

2. What troll? By the way, bermbits ... my mom (Flogo) thinks you just about walk on water.

3. Which site went down the tubes? A wonderful site called "Unladylike Evildoers." Don't get me started on how I feel about its dastardly demise. I'll rant for hours.

4. I'm going to enjoy this site!!!! Your posts have made me laugh!
lakemono
n00bie

Postby bermbits » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:40 pm

{{{{{Flogo}}}}}

:love:

(Didn't the site you mention merge with another?)
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby solana » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:20 am

You are exactly right Bermbits..
No site was disbanded..

UEC is being moved to a different server after many many many complaints about how often errors were received on this one.
The format has been changed . Both of these moves will be positive changes to the people who use the site.
The current subscription or whatever they call it when you pay for use of a server, is up in just a few days.

There is a UE forum
http://www.squareonelive.com/index.php?board=13.0

on the new site..

http://www.squareonelive.com/index.php

There will be another group invited to use the site as well. A group that has no discussion forum...

I guess there was some misunderstanding about all of that. It is entirely wrong to say the site was taken away.. it was moved and changed but the forum still exists.

I spoke with Flo just last night, and she is looking forward to using the new site ...but her computer is not working...
and its true.. she does think you walk on water Bermie.. so do I lol
.fcv/v"
solana
Hero Of The Day

Postby bermbits » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:59 pm

There are many divergent personalities and strong opinions here, and whether I agree or not, I do respect all views except one. Until people give me a reason not to respect them, I do. As I virtually always refrain from personal attacks (save one), you will have to figure out who the one person is who is not based in the parameters of normalcy - and while others may rant and rave, there really is only one.

:roll:

p.s. Why isn't Flo posting here?
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Mads » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:52 am

Hello Lake!
When helping the wicked, twisted and evil, expect no gratitude and be thankful if you escape with your life.
Mads
Trapped Under Ice

Postby lakemono » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:13 pm

Hello, Mads!

Flo isn't posting anywhere right now because she has lost the entries in her Favorite Places area on AOL. I have sent a very long message to www.allexperts.com explaining the problems her computer is having. Hopefully, I will get the answer soon and will be able to talk on the phone to my brother who will make the fixes. She is also thinking about taking her computer to a reputable PC technician she knows.

In the meantime, Flo is going through computer withdrawal, and I don't recommend you stay with her at her place at this particular time, as I did last week. Yow! I am out of her will AGAIN! :lol: But she will be posting here again as soon as she can ... you can bet on that!
lakemono
n00bie

Return to [Archive] Member Introductions