Ugly Kids in the Supermarket

Topics related to family affairs.

Ugly Kids in the Supermarket

Postby Yogi » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:43 pm

As a parent, I find this hard to believe, but if your parents neglected you, you are probably ugly.

SOURCE: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 213412.htm
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby Bedford » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:45 pm

I got a LOT of attention. :D
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby StVandal » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:26 pm

Once when I was very young and at the supermarket with my mom, I grabbed one of those hoses they used to spray the veggies down with (it's all automated now) and started blasting random customers. When the employees noticed and started coming for me, I blasted them too. That got me quite some attention.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Yogi » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:38 pm

:lmao2: Did they automate it because of you?
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby pilvikki » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:41 pm

i'm sorry, but that's just retarded. and to me it's a simplistic male reaction to the subject. [so shoot me]

for one, most normal parents regard their children as superior in looks regardless of if they happen to resemble some other species more then humans. i would not have been able say that one of mine was more attractive than the other.

however, i would have easily told you which one was the easiest to live with, which one was the least trouble, most fun etc.

secondly, if there are 3 kids and the ugly duckling is ignored while the pretty ones are cossetted, ok, but don't ugly parents often have ugly kids? [whatever that means] and this ugliness would have trailed around the parents' lives and made them feel less worthy and rendered them less competent?

beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby StVandal » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:43 pm

Yogi wrote::lmao2: Did they automate it because of you?

I was that kid that I now look at in supermarkets and think at the parents: "You bastards. What have you done?" But I was worse. :D
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bermbits » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:19 pm

I was so ugly when I was born that the doctor slapped my mother!

:roll:
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:17 am

should have dipped deeper into the genepool?

just wait until i find that one picture of me when i'm 5 or so.... with my totally adorable sister beaming next to me for a nice contrast.... mother used to console me with that old "fine bonestructure and looking better when i get older" routine.

thanx, ma!
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Nathaniel » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:44 pm

I looked like Samwise Gamgee when I was a kid... I think that article was totally... Well... FUBAR!
"Homophobia - the irrational fear that homosexuals will move in and rearrange your furniture against your will."
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Silke » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:27 am

hmm... that kind of contradicts my experience...

I was left to wanter on my own, but everyone kept telling me I was beutiful.

.. that was of course samies that did that, not norwegians. When I was born, the docter offered my mother to do plastic surgeoury on me so I would look "normal"...

Harrell, what does he mean by "atractive"? How can he say what is atractive, as what people think is atractive differs between cultures?
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:49 pm

exactly!

he's thinking attractive as an american movie standard and that's just retarded....
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Nathaniel » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:44 am

I totally agree. Taste and opinion varies greatly from person to person. What I think is beautiful someone else might think is ugly. The thing is, though, that ugly might not be just on the outside. But then again, no children are evil, or what? Evil comes with age :roll:
"Homophobia - the irrational fear that homosexuals will move in and rearrange your furniture against your will."
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Silke » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:14 pm

well, children are quite capeble of beeing evil. The question is do they realize?

However, sience does show that the average human wants someone who looks as average as posible. In the prodect, they lay picture untop of pictures, melted them together and suposedly came out with the most gorgous man possible to make. I've seen the picture, and I don't think very much of it, all though it wasn't bad...
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Nathaniel » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:39 am

Why do people want their kids to look average? So they won't be picked on? I mean.... BLAH! Yeah, that's my very wise opinion...
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby salamandrina » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:31 pm

Once Alain(my husband) was in a local Supermarket and saw little Twins fighting so badly with each other(and no parents in view) that he went there and seperated them.
They were about five years old.
However I heard little Boys fight all the time(?)
salamandrina
Bad Seed

Postby ohlia » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:30 pm

It's cruel to say kids are ugly or tell a kid that he/she is ugly.
I never see ugly people. Do you think something is wrong with my vision? lol
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Silke » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:16 am

sandrini... little boys doesn't fight all the time, all though they do fight. It is testing boarders you know, and the perants should be there to tell them when they cross the line. Fighting in a supermarket is crossing the lines. They should be taught that fighting doesn't solve problems; it multiplies them. Just see what happens after every war... starvation... low on cash... little food left... ah well.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Return to Family Matters