Family traits

Topics related to family affairs.

Family traits

Postby haysi » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:36 pm

What family traits do you see in yourself? Do you share habits/looks/characteristics of your parents and siblings?

Do you see these traits manifest themselves in your children if you have them or your pets :biggrin:
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Bedford » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:22 pm

I have my father's thick hair, and some of my mother's features.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby StVandal » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:37 pm

My parents were both kinda average height, with black hair and blue eyes. I'm tall, with reddish blonde hair (naturally) and green eyes. Well.. they're more of a greenish blue. Not much resemblance, really.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:08 pm

[hm... so how does the mailman look?]

i got shafted.... i got father's thin hair, hazel eyes, grandmother's nose. i did get the straight hair mother had and her face.

sis got the waves from father, big blue eyes from mother and a nice, straight nose in father's longer face.

she also sings like an angel, i sound like drowning frog.

it's just not fair!
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby legend » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:32 pm

look double of my dad.
whos no longer alive ,but when he was.
got his stubbornness,not thatr you will have noticed like :biggrin:
We know that I'm a drunk. I hope you understand that I am a person who is totally at ease with that. Which is not to say that I'm indifferent or I don't care, I do. It simply means that I trust and accept your judgment.
legend
Holier Than Thou

Postby pilvikki » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:35 pm

stubborn? you? never....

:lmao1:

my parents and my only sister were/is practicing alcoholics, while i've only had one rhum ball this year. [that's pastry]

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Silke » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:01 pm

I look like my mother when she was my age, walk like my uncle and have many of his facial expressions...actually it varies what uncle I behave (in want of a better word) like. I don't have much of my father, if anything. Might be because when I was little I very much despised the man and went to extreames to disconect myself from him.

Me and my sister uses the same words, do the same things... sometimes we are downright scary
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby salamandrina » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:14 pm

the funny thing is people from 'my side' say my daughter si kooking like me,people from the side of my husband say tis him
While I am aware that she is a mixture of both of us I believe she is more than her daddy looking with exeption of the haircolour. Off course with a light touch of myself in it but still is more Alain like.
freedom
salamandrina
Bad Seed

Postby StVandal » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:21 pm

haha.. that reminds me. You ever notice how babies have, say, their mother's eyes, the father's nose, the mother's lips.. etc..
The baby never has its own parts. :D
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby salamandrina » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:42 am

judge yourself(es)
CLICK on the thumbnail above to see the full sized picture

CLICK on the thumbnail above to see the full sized picture
freedom
salamandrina
Bad Seed

Postby threenorns » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:39 pm

i don't look like anybody in my family.... <beaming>
threenorns
Helpless

Postby brandtrn » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:01 am

I have my father's coloring, i.e. dark hair, dark eyes, and fair, freckled skin, but my body build and facial features are more like my mother's. Apparently, I managed to get the best from both parents :biggrin:
"The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them." -- Mark Twain
brandtrn
Bad Seed

Postby meadow » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:16 am

i have blue eyes like my dad and some features and hair like my mother's. which she described as "the crazy inmates taking over the asylum" and that is quite fitting at the moment!

i definitely have my mother's feet and her body shape. and her attitude about a great many things.

my sister, however, is pretty much the spitting image of my mother. and my niece as well...which is more than a little eerie seeing how much they both resemble my mother now. who actually looked just like her mother.

i don't really look like anyone else in my family. i'm a complete mish-mash of everyone's features.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Silke » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:53 pm

what is really scary is that I look like a dublicate of my mother, my half brother looks like his mother... but everyone can tell we are siblings. I just can´t see where the similarity is suposed to be????
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:19 pm

i don't look like anybody in my family.... <beaming>

:lmao1:

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Return to Family Matters