Topics related to family affairs.

Postby Sandra » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:26 pm

I'm a parent and I'm strict but fair. What kind of parent are you, or would you be????????????????
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:19 pm

Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
Holier Than Thou

Postby legend » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:20 am

its actually a government title given to me .

i am "the absentee parent".
We know that I'm a drunk. I hope you understand that I am a person who is totally at ease with that. Which is not to say that I'm indifferent or I don't care, I do. It simply means that I trust and accept your judgment.
Holier Than Thou

Postby Bedford » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:28 am

I'd be the perfect one. :cool:
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Holier Than Thou

Postby Silke » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:40 pm

I'd be strict and fair. Actually it takes too much space to dive into the topic of what I picture myself doing as a parent and not doing. I realize I want to go by my mothers example because she did such a teriffic job... :wink:
Superstition brings bad luck.
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby StVandal » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:01 pm

I would be a terrible parent. But at least I'd teach a lesson that I learned pretty early on; self reliance!
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby ohlia » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:14 pm

Even though I'm strict with my nieces and nephews they love to hang out with me, and always want to move in with me.
Last edited by ohlia on Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby AJRC_CS » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:34 pm

I'm not strict at all, i'm too soft. It was his mother that was the strict one and funnily enough my girlfriend is very strict but firm with him as well. I'm the one who lets him stay up late on his computer until V tells us both off. :D

I do instill in him a good moral core, he knows what's right and wrong. I watch what he eats, and have taught him all the stuff that will make him fat and useless in later life if he's not careful about what he eats and the amount he eats. As StVandal said, i've taught him how to be self reliant. I've taught him the best exercise and keep fit regimes. I've taught him more than i can mention here. But like i said he gets away with murder with me, it my girlfriend who's the strict one. It's like good cop bad cop. :D
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
Outlaw Torn

Postby salamandrina » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:19 am

I'm a parent with as much patience I can have,i'm pay attention to my child and try to play with her.
I'm sometimes telling her 'No' to show her the limits to not get pain or destry anything but I would not call this strict.
I'm allways shocked with parents that give their children a clap( hit them) and do so even in public.
I'm shocked too when I see them yell at them.

They doesn't have patience or comprehension.
Hwoever I must come along sometimes the same way when we are both tired after one day of work or daykeeping center and I ahve to walk home with Saskia without the buggy and she is too tired and she needs to be taken...and I can't hold ehr as she is too heavy or I have too much bags.Than I do loose a bit my patience and temper,however there si one way i can carry her that is on my shoulders.....
Bad Seed

Return to Family Matters