Family?

Topics related to family affairs.

Family?

Postby salamandrina » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:40 am

Are you going to live in a family or jsut on your own? or simply in a couple?
If so is by choicce? (then why this choicce?) or it just happen like that...
I will start...so we do live as a small family not completly by choicce as we had choosen to just live as a couple. However when Iw as 18 I knew that I wanted to have a child,and I knew all the time that I will be 'kind of' sad to not have a child(in my life) but especially later on when I'm older. ;...like older people that have lost eventually their partner,boyfriend,GF or husband,wife and don't even have a daughter or son to visit them.
off course youc an have a social life with friends,but I think your own children are even closer.
Anyway,Alain didn't want to have a child, and we couldn't have one for medical reasons,so I told myself that it isn't any use to be upset and wanting one at every price;
however we didn't take precautions as we thought it can't happen and so after we have known each other for 23 years,Saskia was on her way ;-)
So then it was by choicce that we decidet to have her and I enver regreted the choicce ever since. Iw as a bit afraid the freedom would be missed but I do'nt really do miss it.
Its just such a happy life with Saskia.And i'm very very mucky as she is allways in good mood,smiling,playing and making some things I do not want her to do but that will allways be part of discovering the world of adults...
and she makes me discover the world of children again and that is a great present she makes us/me.
freedom
salamandrina
Bad Seed

Postby StVandal » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:00 am

I live on my own. I find living on my own much more comfortable than having to care for someone else.
I do care for people.. don't get me wrong. I love caring for people. I do a lot for people.. I am very poor, and I only work about 20 hours a week, but I also put in some time for the food bank, and there's a citizen's boxing thing..
Well, that's a little weird. I help people with boxing maneuvers, but they're women, and most of them know kick-boxing. I don't know kick-boxing, but I'm a golden glove boxer (light heavyweight champion) so I help out with that.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby AJRC_CS » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:19 pm

Sounds like you have a great family life, salamandrina.

I am one of those guys who just hates being alone, alone as in not having female company. I was 22 when my then GF fell pregnant, we had been together since we were 18. We hadn't planned it but we were both delighted. I was in the Army so missed a lot of his upbringing, which looking back i do regret, but we had a good little family unit and were talking of having another child. But unfortunately the relationship failed for reasons i won't go into, and we split up. To start with it was hard only seeing my son at weekends but his mother has moved away now with her new husband, so for the last two years i've had sole custody. My GF of six years has taken over the mother role and loves it, she was dubious about taking on someone else's child to begin with but she loves it now. He even calls her mum from time to time. He's nearly 15 and is a typical hormonal teenager, obsessed with girls. He has a new one just about every week! Must take after his dad. :tongue:

I was in two minds about having kids again, but as V hasn't had children of her own i caved in and we have decided to try for a baby, as V would love a daughter. Been trying since just before Christmas, nothing as yet but fingers crossed. Can't wait for the sleepless nights and having no money, oh the joys of having kids. :lol:

V now wants to get married, but i'm dragging my heels about that. To me marriage is a waste of money and the piece of paper you get at the end is meaningless. I will probably give in, but for the time being we are happy living in sin. :D
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby pilvikki » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:01 pm

well, it would be a novel to go into details, but here i am living with my youngest daughter and her 2 year old [yesterday] and my eldest daughter's 18 yr old daughter.

i very much like this arrangement and even if i had a b/f i'd stay right here with my brood.
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby salamandrina » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:38 pm

two years?
Saskia will be 2 on the 9 of April!! (and me 41 the 13 (april too off course)
Two Ram..(lol)
Is the Grandchild Aquarie then?or how it that sign called in english,in german its fish(beginning of march)
freedom
salamandrina
Bad Seed

Postby pilvikki » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:44 pm

she's a pisces, march 11. i'm aries [same as you], and ma is an aquarius and cousin to squeaks is also an aquarius.

this will be an intresting blend -- heavy on the wet sie.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Yogi » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:40 am

pilvikki wrote:she's a pisces, march 11. i'm aries [same as you], and ma is an aquarius and cousin to squeaks is also an aquarius.

this will be an intresting blend -- heavy on the wet sie.

Aries = fire sign
Aquarius = air sign
Pisces = water sign

Guess we know who adds to and puts out the fires :biggrin:
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby pilvikki » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:19 pm

...and furthermore, i'm a fire pig in chinese.

:evildance:

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Silke » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:21 pm

aquarius = air, yogi? only the name gives it away to water... <i>aqua</i>rius...
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Return to Family Matters