Jehovah's Wittness's

This is a repository for classic topics that may have gone past the pruning date, but are too valueable to delete. Suggestions for topic candidates to be moved here are welcome.

Jehovah's Wittness's

Postby dbowiegrl » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:59 pm

What do you think about their beliefs? What do you think you know about them? Do you have any friends that are?
dbowiegrl

Postby Flawless » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:39 pm

I know nothing except that they reach out more than any other religion.
[ GRAPHIC REMOVED by administrator ]

I am now dubbed the King of Hotness by Haysi

I am also the resident Cabana boy.
Flawless
Hero Of The Day

Postby Tamisita » Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:13 pm

I've never met one.
To the world you may be one person. But to one person you may be the world.
Tamisita
Outlaw Torn

Postby van » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:58 am

kia ora

i used to be one! :twisted:
i have nothing against them, despite of having been thrown out!
i learned alot about the bible, i learned the art of public speaking, preparing speeches etc
to my mind, they take the christian message far more seriously than many other religions that profess to be christian
their bible studies are second to none, and in many respects this is what attracts the ire of many other denominations
they have blown the "hell and damnation" rhetoric to pieces and liberated people from that particular lie
they do not support war, believing in the command that "love conquers all"
some of their other beliefs such as refusal to accept or give blood are based on sound scriptural passages, and even tho i am not a witness or christian, i still adhere to that
not on religious grounds, but rather on medical grounds

arohanui
shalom
bill
van
Hero Of The Day

Postby pilvikki » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:17 pm

phantom, you sound just like a guy called Anyman i met in one of in one of my former lives.... opinionated, bossy and blind to anyone else's views.

i pity you.
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby pilvikki » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:37 am

oh great, two people as self-righteous are two too many on this silly planet....
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby van » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:51 pm

kia ora

ah, phantom, what an appropriate name!
1 a : something (as a specter) apparent to sense but with no substantial existence!

and how well it relates to what you have posted!

"a non-Christian cult."
so those who follow the "cult" of mithra are christians?
lets face it, mithra was around long before christ, yet all that pertains to christ was taught centuries before he was on earth!
http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/godquiz.htm

unlike many professed "christians" jws do not bear arms, nor for that matter will they be involved in any support of violence to their fellow man
much closer to christs admonition than other "cults"!

"their own version of the Bible,"
if you examine history, so have many other followers of christ
the "new world translation of the holy scriptures" (jws bible) was a vast improvement of any copies extant at that time
see alexander thomson's comments on this translation
credentials? outstanding greek-hebrew scholar, under appointment to the queen for matters regarding the bible!

false prophets abound, why even in the 12 tribes of israel!
a case of the pot calling the kettle black? a well known phenomena within "christian" movements

as for the 144000 going to heaven, that is a teaching that even the most fundamentalist churches are aware of!
as to having to "work" as you claim, what a load of bollocks!
you either felt "chosen" or you didn't

whatever john, or for that matter any of the other apostles wrote, is open to debate
the teachings of christ as having been reportedly spoken by him personally, are very scant to say the least
hence what ever others have written cannot be claimed to a directive from christ

that there is strict control over membership is something that you do have right, but then again any organisation that sets high standards, has the same machinery in place
christ exercised the same over his disciples

now to your reply to yogi

"Information on Jehovah's Witnesses is available all over the internet."

true, and so is all about america
however if i were to examine "america" on a fundamentalist islamic website, i would get a totally different view than if i were to examine the same on a "patriotic" american website

1) they do study the new testament, and do not restrict anyone to the use of their "bible" only! anyone is free to use which ever translation they choose

2) bollocks!!!!!!! unless they have changed within the past 20 or so yrs
tithing up till them never was a requirement!!!!!!!!!

3)hehehe, how many rich jws do you know???????
mind you i can point to a few that are not jws!!!
that religion is a power game is well known, just look at some of your own denominations, tv evangelists!etc

in your 2nd reply to yogi again you are totally unaware of the jws as an organisation

it would appear that you are completely unaware of the council of nicea, wherby dogma was standardised as "christianity" became the roman "religion"
much of what is accepted as doctrine and gospel date from that era
any other writings that were regarded as out of touch with with the councils decisions were then refered to as apocrypha
it was not christ who made those decisions, but already a priesthood far removed from the teachings of christ, dictated the changes

yogi at least has the interest to question
you on the other hand are exhibiting an extremely ignorant and biased outlook in an attempt pull the wool over his eyes

but then, i am not surprised, and neither are many others i have had the priviledge to discuss religion with
you take a mythology, out of all other mythologies in the world, proclaim it to be the "TRUTH" and damn the rest!
no clear thought or reason, yours is right and the others are from the devil, incidently another invention of religion
it is little wonder that world is going to hell in a handcart
if your christianty was/is so profound and true, why in the hell is the world in such a bloody mess????
those nations proclaiming to be christian, have the wealth and the wherewithall to make the world a better place, yet it is not happening
so much for your religion!!!!!!!!

arohanui
shalom
bill
van
Hero Of The Day

Postby pilvikki » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:57 am

i'm with you with all but this statement

[url]unlike many professed "christians" jws do not bear arms, nor for that matter will they be involved in any support of violence to their fellow man[/url]

there's a lot of arms bearing happening in israel right now and here's a real ironic historical fact:

in finland during WII, the jews were actually fighting on the side of the axis. as one felow said "if the russians win, we're screwed and if the germans' win, we are so screwed, so we'll fight for finland and hope for the best."

15 jews died in the winterwar, which percentwise was very heavy casualties as there were only 260 to begin with.[/url]
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

jehovahs witnesses

Postby van » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:17 pm

kia ora marjaana

hehehehe!!!
jws, my sweet, not jews!!!
jws-jehovahs witnesses!

arohanui
shalom
wiremu
van
Hero Of The Day

Postby pilvikki » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:53 pm

:doh: perhaps i should try staying sober...?

before :blahblah:
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby van » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:18 am

kia ora marjaana

hehehehe!
i know the feeling!
moi too has rushed into battle under the affluence of incahol! :twisted:

quote:
"What you say when you're drunk, you've thought when your sober."

what a great liberator a bottle of wine/fruit of the vine has on the "human" as opposed to "religious" psyche!

arohanui
shalom
wiremu
van
Hero Of The Day

Postby Tamisita » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:35 pm

Don't worry...I actually thought van said Jews...not jws. Geez...and I'm even wearing my glasses. :oops:
To the world you may be one person. But to one person you may be the world.
Tamisita
Outlaw Torn

Postby pilvikki » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:00 pm

thanx!

:cat:

:lol:
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby van » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:47 am

kia ora kaylan

allow me to point out that martin luther found ground to divorce himself from the catholic faith
no doubt he too is "unchristian"?
when it comes to defining the "christlike" attitudes , it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure which are in harmony with christs teachings, and which aren't
in fact history has shown us ample evidence of those who applied the christian spirit and those who didn't! and for that matter who don't in this day and age!
if we are to look at for instance ghandi, your immediate comment no doubt is to claim that the man was not a christian
well cobber, that man had more christianity in his excrement than many so called christian denominations have in their doctrine let alone dogma!!!!!!

as the master himself said "by their fruits you shall know them"

arohanui
shalom
bill
van
Hero Of The Day

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

Postby AL CARTER » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:18 am

Most Christians do not think of the JW as Christian,they do not believe in the TRINITY and they think that God is Michael the Archangel.
The denomination was started in 1852 by Chas.Russell.
I have a very friend who is a Jw and I love him dearly but I do not agree with him or his denomonation.

What is very interesting about the JW they do not believe in the Trinity but they baptize by saying "in the name of the Father,the Son and the Holy spirit. They just do not know who Christ is
AL CARTER

Postby van » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:00 am

kia ora al

quote:
"Most Christians do not think of the JW as Christian,they do not believe in the TRINITY and they think that God is Michael the Archangel.
The denomination was started in 1852 by Chas.Russell"

gimme a break!!
how long have you been involved with jws??????????
what a load of cobblers!!!!!!!
the protestant movement was started by martin luther, so that cannot be christian either , using your line of reasoning!!!!!!!
before putting pen to paper, be so good as to check your facts!!!!!!

arohanui
shalom
bill
van
Hero Of The Day

Postby AL CARTER » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:10 am

May be you need to check the JW out,They are NOT chritstian. They do say Michael is god and they DO NOT believe in the Trinity.Most of what they believe is NOT believe by other Christians.
They do not know who Jesus is or how He was killed. They believe nothing that is Christian.[/b]
AL CARTER

References please

Postby Yogi » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:11 am

OK, now my curiosity is really up on this topic. There seems to be some disagreement regarding what Jehovah's Witnesses believe or don't believe. Can any or all of you give me some credible resources I can read and determine for myself what the real story is? Some links supporting your positions would be greatly appreciated at this point. I am particularly interested in their position on Jesus Christ.
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby AL CARTER » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:45 pm

WHY DON'T YOU JUST CALL ONE OF THE HALLS IN YOUR TOWN,I THINK THEY WILL TELL YOU WHAT THEY TEACH.
THEY HAVE BEEN TRAINED TO BELIEVE THAT ALL OTHER RELIGIONS,ALL GOVERNMENTS AND SCHOOLS ARE UNDER THE CONTROL OF THE DEVIL,THEY CANNOT RUN FOR OFFICE AND THEY CANNOT VOTE.
AL CARTER

Postby pilvikki » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:55 pm

al, perhaps you should check YOUR information first?

http://www.watchtower.org/bible/index.htm

i'm not a bible scholar, so i went fishing at the official Watchtower site and the Bible on Line section and guess what, the whole thing seems to be right there, jesus and all.

so how do you explain that then?
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Next

Return to [Archive] Classic Topics