Jehovah's Wittness's

This is a repository for classic topics that may have gone past the pruning date, but are too valueable to delete. Suggestions for topic candidates to be moved here are welcome.

Postby Silke » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:10 am

I'm sorry, I was tired when I wrote that and most of what I meant came out wrong or I hadn't given it much consideration.

Quote:
A good life for me is doing what I want to do


Immediately to quantify "good" with your perception of it
There are many in the world who deem that their way is "good"
Did not the german people by and large deem Hitler to be "good"?
Did he not do what he wanted to do?
A dangerous philosophy if ever there was one!


That was taking the sentence out of its contance, but I may clarify non the less. Yes, put that way it is a dangerous philosopy. However, this was what i said:

A good life for me is doing what I want to do. Not in some wild way, but having time and opetuenty to make my own choices. I want to preform, I want to sew, I want lots of those things, and for me the good life is to know that I can.


Let me clarify. The wiccans have a better way of putting this. "As long as you harm none, do as you please". You cannot possibly think that what Hitler did would corespond to this.

And just for the record, the german people by large and large did not deem Hitler as "good" at all. That was a minorety. Most people were frightend out of their skins, political assasination was common for them and what choice did they really have? Many were brainwashed into belifing things so obscure it is strage that it is even posible to do so.

And did he do what he wanted to do? No. He wanted to be a musician, only the school he wantet to get into didn't want him because he dressed wrongly at the intervu.

Quote:
People would have less divorces if it wasn't so publickly aproved of


I you accept this, I can only surmise that your perception is that a "bad" marriage is better than divorce
What is the point of commitment to a life of misery?


I accept that this might have been interpreted as such, but I meant no such thing.

This was not meant as any form for "I belive this or that". It was mearly a reacout of what happens and why. I do belive divorce is better than a life in missery and the fact that it is easier to go through with to day is something positive. However, I also think that a marrige is not a thing to take on lightly, which you might get the impresion that some people do, thinking about how many who divorces and remary only to divorce again.

Quote:
By drugs, do you mean illeagal drugs or medecines? I don't like either much, but to be truthfull, ileagal drug use is a greater problem in poorer countries.


Excuse me?
"Illegal" drugs grow wild in poorer countries and by and large its inhabitants use them sparingly
They tend to make money exporting them to the rich countries where unhappy people blow themselves away with them!


I easily admitt that this was ill-phrased and ill-thoguth of.

Have you been to a developed country lately that does not have a crimewave related to drugs?


My point exactly.

I am sorry, but your reasoning is illogical


of course it is, when sentences are beeing taken out of their contects. You need to se every thing I say, because mostly they are building on eachother, filling eachother out.

... and it gets real illogical when I'm tiered and use foreign language :oops:
Superstition brings bad luck.
User avatar
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy
 
Posts: 2239
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:13 am
Location: X-Winterland

Postby van » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:36 pm

Silky

That was taking the sentence out of its contance,


I do not see it that way
Your emphasis was on self and what you deem "good"


And just for the record, the german people by large and large did not deem Hitler as "good" at all.


Again I beg to differ
I have seen many historical documentaries on the rise and fall of of the 3rd Reich and the underlying causes
Germany was severely restricted by the treaty of Versailles and Hitler gave an opportunity to redress that

Many were brainwashed into belifing things so obscure it is strage that it is even posible to do so.


No different than today, "my god is bigger than your god", "my country, right or wrong" etc

I am aware of your difficulties and try to make allowances
When I cut and quote a sentence in isolation , I do so as I feel that the crux of the matter lies in that sentence

Arohanui
Shalom
Bill
van
Hero Of The Day
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: nz

Postby pilvikki » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:47 pm

And just for the record, the german people by large and large did not deem Hitler as "good" at all.


good enough to get elected. they were duped.
User avatar
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou
 
Posts: 5802
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:42 am

Postby Silke » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:16 am

Well, at first Hitler wasn't all that bad... until he went mad with power... Also, after the first world war, Hitler gave the promise of getting Germany back too it's feet, and who could say no to that?

... If they ever thought him good, they soon learned that that wasn't so...
Superstition brings bad luck.
User avatar
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy
 
Posts: 2239
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:13 am
Location: X-Winterland

Postby pilvikki » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:03 am

still, it's scary that he found enough lunatics to run his show.........
User avatar
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou
 
Posts: 5802
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:42 am

Postby van » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:11 am

Kia ora

So what is new?
Is it not the same today?

Arohanui
Shalom
Bill
van
Hero Of The Day
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: nz

Postby Silke » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:29 am

It problably is. However, at least in euroupe, it is suicide to go to war these days... Too many agreements that gives support from other countries if you are attecked. However, you could and trust your luck....
Superstition brings bad luck.
User avatar
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy
 
Posts: 2239
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:13 am
Location: X-Winterland

Postby van » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:13 am

Silke wrote:It problably is. However, at least in euroupe, it is suicide to go to war these days... Too many agreements that gives support from other countries if you are attecked. However, you could and trust your luck....


Going to war is suicide at the best of times
But then there are those whose homeland has never been devastated by war or been occupied by a brutal oppressor
To them war is still an adventure, a colonial emperical exercise with the thought of loot and fortune

Arohanui
shalom
van
Hero Of The Day
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: nz

Postby pilvikki » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:30 am

especially if you're still at that age where you consider yourself immortal....
User avatar
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou
 
Posts: 5802
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:42 am

Postby Silke » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:39 am

My country is only a hundred years old, and before then we were both under Denmark and Sweeden. The world war II was the last that really effected us (and by that I mean seeing the effects of war whithin our land for real, not just through telivision). I however, is only 18 years and the only experience I have with war is though television or the stories told by our grandparents.

I do not think I'm immortal, however, sadly enugh... I got too much to do!!!
Superstition brings bad luck.
User avatar
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy
 
Posts: 2239
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:13 am
Location: X-Winterland

Postby van » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:38 pm

Kia ora Silky

While Marjaana used the word "immortal", I believe she might have meant "bulletproof"
ie A mindset that makes certain people belive so much in their superiority that nothing can touch them

Arohanui
Shalom
Bill
van
Hero Of The Day
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: nz

Postby pilvikki » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:19 pm

actually, i did mean Immortal, for how many healthy kids and young adults actually think that they'll die...? realistically.

besides, in wars it has been traditional to die of its side-effects more than the bullets, be they friendly or hostile.
User avatar
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou
 
Posts: 5802
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:42 am

Postby Silke » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:56 am

Far too true..

but to be frank, I think you both mean the exact same thing, only saying it diffrently...
Superstition brings bad luck.
User avatar
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy
 
Posts: 2239
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:13 am
Location: X-Winterland

Postby pilvikki » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:44 pm

we do that a lot... :tongue:
User avatar
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou
 
Posts: 5802
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:42 am

Re: Jehovah's Wittness's

Postby AL CARTER » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:08 am

dbowiegrl wrote:What do you think about their beliefs? What do you think you know about them? Do you have any friends that are?


The JW are NOT Christians they have their own Bible which is very corrupt.
They do not believe in the TRinity.
They say Jesus was Michel the Ark Angel
They do not believe that Jesus is God.
They also have their own bible to prove their false teaching(read John 1:1 from a Chritian Bible and you will see what I;m talking about.
Yes I do know a lot of them and they are just confussed
AL CARTER
 

Postby AL CARTER » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:41 am

AL CARTER wrote:Good answer but you did not answer the question,here is the question once again : Why would the disciples be instructed to baptize in the name of anybody or anything who was not God?


You did not answer the first so lets try this one.

If Jesus was executed on a torture stake, with both hands together over his head, as only the WTS teaches, why does Jn 20:25 say "... unless I see in his hands the print of the nailS...", indicating that there was more than one nail used for his hands? Wouldn’t two nails have been used if Christ was crucified on a cross whereas only one nail would have been used if he would have been executed on an upright pole?

YOU DID SAY YOU WAS a JW
AL CARTER
 

Postby pilvikki » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:02 pm

why is the number of nails relevant? the bible is full of inconsistencies, what's one more?

furthermore, doe sit matter? did pontius wash his hands with soap?

how many angels can you fit on a pinhead?

why has not jesus' marital status been mentioned anywhere in the bible?

and why on earth would god have to sacrifice his only son to save humanity? [compared to other gods he really got gypped!] what kind of logic is that? if he's almighty etc yaddayadda, he could have just done it without all this drama.
User avatar
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou
 
Posts: 5802
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:42 am

Postby AL CARTER » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:39 am

van wrote:kia ora

ah, phantom, what an appropriate name!
1 a : something (as a specter) apparent to sense but with no substantial existence!

and how well it relates to what you have posted!

"a non-Christian cult."
so those who follow the "cult" of mithra are christians?
lets face it, mithra was around long before christ, yet all that pertains to christ was taught centuries before he was on earth!
http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/godquiz.htm

unlike many professed "christians" jws do not bear arms, nor for that matter will they be involved in any support of violence to their fellow man
much closer to christs admonition than other "cults"!

"their own version of the Bible,"
if you examine history, so have many other followers of christ
the "new world translation of the holy scriptures" (jws bible) was a vast improvement of any copies extant at that time
see alexander thomson's comments on this translation
credentials? outstanding greek-hebrew scholar, under appointment to the queen for matters regarding the bible!

false prophets abound, why even in the 12 tribes of israel!
a case of the pot calling the kettle black? a well known phenomena within "christian" movements

as for the 144000 going to heaven, that is a teaching that even the most fundamentalist churches are aware of!
as to having to "work" as you claim, what a load of bollocks!
you either felt "chosen" or you didn't

whatever john, or for that matter any of the other apostles wrote, is open to debate
the teachings of christ as having been reportedly spoken by him personally, are very scant to say the least
hence what ever others have written cannot be claimed to a directive from christ

that there is strict control over membership is something that you do have right, but then again any organisation that sets high standards, has the same machinery in place
christ exercised the same over his disciples

now to your reply to yogi

"Information on Jehovah's Witnesses is available all over the internet."

true, and so is all about america
however if i were to examine "america" on a fundamentalist islamic website, i would get a totally different view than if i were to examine the same on a "patriotic" american website

1) they do study the new testament, and do not restrict anyone to the use of their "bible" only! anyone is free to use which ever translation they choose

2) bollocks!!!!!!! unless they have changed within the past 20 or so yrs
tithing up till them never was a requirement!!!!!!!!!

3)hehehe, how many rich jws do you know???????
mind you i can point to a few that are not jws!!!
that religion is a power game is well known, just look at some of your own denominations, tv evangelists!etc

in your 2nd reply to yogi again you are totally unaware of the jws as an organisation

it would appear that you are completely unaware of the council of nicea, wherby dogma was standardised as "christianity" became the roman "religion"
much of what is accepted as doctrine and gospel date from that era
any other writings that were regarded as out of touch with with the councils decisions were then refered to as apocrypha
it was not christ who made those decisions, but already a priesthood far removed from the teachings of christ, dictated the changes

yogi at least has the interest to question
you on the other hand are exhibiting an extremely ignorant and biased outlook in an attempt pull the wool over his eyes

but then, i am not surprised, and neither are many others i have had the priviledge to discuss religion with
you take a mythology, out of all other mythologies in the world, proclaim it to be the "TRUTH" and damn the rest!
no clear thought or reason, yours is right and the others are from the devil, incidently another invention of religion
it is little wonder that world is going to hell in a handcart
if your christianty was/is so profound and true, why in the hell is the world in such a bloody mess????
those nations proclaiming to be christian, have the wealth and the wherewithall to make the world a better place, yet it is not happening
so much for your religion!!!!!!!!

arohanui
shalom
bill


You are right about one thing they do not bear arms and may not even know what the hell pear harbor was and it good CHRISTIANs did not bear arm they could not be knocking on people doors and would be talking like a Jap,I know a lot of cowrds that run to the JW in 41 and they Bible they use is the most corupt bible in the world until about 1950 they used the KJV but the KJV will prove we have a TRinity so they had to drop it and it did not agree with all of there false teachings. They did believe in Xmas now they do not and many other things then change over the years saying they have found the light,nothing that is taugh by the JW is in line with Christians,It was started in I think 1600 or some thing by a nut by the name of Chas Russell, but they have change he teaching many time,In another ten years they will let them give blood,after the death of many.many children.All Christins need to pray for these people,if they knock on your doors ask them to come it and pray about it and they will fly off your porch.
AL CARTER
 

Postby van » Mon May 01, 2006 2:27 am

Google "Pearl harbour" and find the root cause
You been suckered before and you'll be suckered again
Charles Taze Russell 1600 ??????
Jesus you are ignorant!!!!
Your English is also deteriorating, perhaps another set of looking glasses in order
van
Hero Of The Day
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: nz

Postby AL CARTER » Mon May 01, 2006 8:37 am

van wrote:Google "Pearl harbour" and find the root cause
You been suckered before and you'll be suckered again
Charles Taze Russell 1600 ??????
Jesus you are ignorant!!!!
Your English is also deteriorating, perhaps another set of looking glasses in order


"Your English is also deteriorating, perhaps another set of looking glasses in order"
I My may need new galsses but I see you was able to understand what I worte.
You must not learn a lot in the JW their kick your donkey out,but thank you for your opinion
AL CARTER
 

Previous

Return to [Archive] Classic Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron