Children

Do you have questions about interpersonal relationships? Get and give advice on friendships, marriage, and romance here.

Children

Postby bea » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:24 am

Do you think that having children can impede your life (maybe they have already). do you wish you could run away but are held back cos you have the responsibility of looking after the little darlings. Yes, i know you love them cos they here, but would your life be a million times easier if they just didn't exist?
“Eyes that do not cry, do not see”
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Gill » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:38 am

From someone who doesn't have kids, that would be your perception on them. My kids might cause me some problems now and then but I wouldn't change them for the world and any parent who agrees with you, should have thought about that BEFORE having kids.
Gill

Postby Yogi » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:47 am

Like many other experiences in life, you never know if having children is going to be a good one or not until after you have had them. Then it's too late to change your mind.

My life would certainly be different without my children and grandchildren. It is impossible for me to say whether it would be better or not. I can say, however, that I've experienced nothing in my several decades of living that comes close to taking part in creating a new life. The satisfaction and joy of doing such has no comparrison IMHO.
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby bea » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:49 am

i wholeheartedly agree with you gill. the reason i don't have any is because i feel, at 25, i have far too much i need to do and having the responsibility of kiddies would ruin my plans. i think in order for me to be a good parent i need to be less selfish and this can only be achieved by me doing as i wish, for as long as i want and then when i finally do decide to have them i'll be able to devote myself fully to them, instead of wishing that i could be somewhere else.
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Gill » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:51 am

By the time you've drank the world dry of Vodka, you'll be too old for kids hun :tongue: :lol:
Gill

Postby bea » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:57 am

i'll just get one posted from china :biggrin:
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Gill » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:00 am

You get a free bottle of vodka with those ones :wink:
Gill

Postby bea » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:04 am

super dooper - i'll take two :wink:
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:57 pm

I never ever wanted to have children (I've mentioned all this before), I've never had that "maternal instinct" nor a great desire to have babies and always thought it was wrong to have kids just to satisfy other people or to have someone to look after me in the future. Kids should be wanted and loved, simple...
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby legend » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:35 pm

children are the difference beytween living and being alive.
i miss all my kids greatly,especially my son.
without your children your life is always empty.
its a space you can never ever fill again.
trust me :(
We know that I'm a drunk. I hope you understand that I am a person who is totally at ease with that. Which is not to say that I'm indifferent or I don't care, I do. It simply means that I trust and accept your judgment.
legend
Holier Than Thou

Postby Gill » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:44 pm

:clap: Well said Legend
Gill

Postby legend » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:46 pm

thanks gfill.
but it dont make it easier im afraid :(
We know that I'm a drunk. I hope you understand that I am a person who is totally at ease with that. Which is not to say that I'm indifferent or I don't care, I do. It simply means that I trust and accept your judgment.
legend
Holier Than Thou

Postby Gill » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:47 pm

No it wouldn't :(
Gill

Postby StVandal » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:15 pm

I think I'm passing that point in my life where I'm realizing that I'll never have kids.
It's true, I couldn't properly care for a kid anyway, but I can't help but feel it's a little sad. :neutral:
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby haysi » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:44 am

I love kids but dont have any and am not likely to. I consider myself a 'great' auntie not only to my proper neices and nephews but my friends children too, specially Gills wee ones.

Sometimes not having kids is not through choice, but circumstance.

All children should be cherished and wanted. I have never understood people who have kids and then palm them off 24/7 on their parents/minders etc so that they can resume their social life!

It must be heartbreaking to be separated from your children.

Hx
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bermbits » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:05 am

There's a great saying: "People with children and people without children feel sorry for each other." So true.

No kids in my first marriage - we didn't want 'em. One in my second (I'm an old father). Well worth the wait.

It has been said you can have anything but not everything - 99% true. You want a great career, don't have kids. You want kids, you need time for them.
The missing word today (in this and other areas) is "responsibility." I want bumper stickers that say: (1) Stupid People Shouldn't Breed (2) If You Can't Feed 'Em, Don't Breed 'Em (but I wouldn't display them as we are in a small town and I'd take too much flak). Last year I had a 10th grader (14 or 15 yrs old) who dropped out to have a baby as did her sister who was in grade 7 or 8... arrrgh!

Sorry I am shifting direction here.
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:02 pm

i really should not had any kids, i'm a lousy parent and i pick partners no better. did i know that before i had them? of course not, a family was just something one did.

come to think of it, mother should have stayed a career woman.
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Return to Romance and Friendships