total fucking scandal

What fries your fritters? Almost anything goes here. Rant, rave, and get it off your chest. Topics may be controversial and contain adult content. THIS FORUM MAY CONTAIN PROFANITY

total fucking scandal

Postby bea » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:05 am

I just got my graduation details from my uni and they charging 17 pounds a ticket for any guests - in my opinion thats a fucking outrage. it should be free. why on earth would i want it at the stadium of light? they also forcing me to wear the stupid gown and thats 36 pound to hire.

I'm so not going. They can kiss my arse. money grabbing bastards

(expect the spith to also be outraged)
“Eyes that do not cry, do not see”
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Yogi » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:08 am

I can understand your outrage. I've never heard of paying to attend a graduation ceremony. My inclination would be to boycott it all as well. :mad:
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby bea » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:10 am

problem is (well actually there are many problems) that mother wishes for the stupid picture of me looking like a twat in the gown and silly hat. therefore she wants me to go. i was going to wear a bikini underneath it and when i got my photo taken was going to whip off the gown and flash my tits (in the time honoured tradition). Also, mother and father haven't spoken in 2 years and the both wish to attend and its all going to be a disaster.

i hate everything
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby skin » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:58 am

Yup. It's not for you, but for parents. I tried to skip my graduate thingy, no chance, my mum beat me up before i could take off.

Maybe tell your parents about the entrance fees and charge them double?

Seriously though, there is something wrong with that school of your. Though in the end to plesure your parents i do suggest to step over all the crap and just go.
Don't you hate it being in an utter good mood?
skin
Bad Seed

Postby Yogi » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:05 am

I'm with skin here, being a parent myself. It's one of those moments in life where the parents can take some justified pride in the daughter they raised. You only have to do this once, so it won't be all that bad.
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby Sandra » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:23 am

bea wrote: i was going to wear a bikini underneath it and when i got my photo taken was going to whip off the gown and flash my tits (in the time honoured tradition).

i hate everything

I've never heard of this tradition, usually they just throw their silly hats in the air, but hey "you go girl". :biggrin:

It is scandalous though, but it'll be a good day and you can get drunk and then post some of the pics on here, we'll look forward to it. (clothed ones mind) :wink:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Legion » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:05 am

You go girl - & charge for the piccies after. You could charge the local rags a mint to print them. Have a ring around & sound out the press.

:pirate2: :dancer:
'There is no point running if you are on the wrong road'
Quantam Ubi Sub Ubi
Legion
Frantic

Postby haysi » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:22 am

bea wrote:problem is (well actually there are many problems) that mother wishes for the stupid picture of me looking like a twat in the gown and silly hat. therefore she wants me to go. i was going to wear a bikini underneath it and when i got my photo taken was going to whip off the gown and flash my tits (in the time honoured tradition). Also, mother and father haven't spoken in 2 years and the both wish to attend and its all going to be a disaster.

i hate everything

Is it a strippers degree you got then Bea :biggrin:
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Flawless » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:01 pm

.....I DEMAND PICTURES.....well, I would if I wern't married.

*repeats in head "Married, Married, Married."*
[ GRAPHIC REMOVED by administrator ]

I am now dubbed the King of Hotness by Haysi

I am also the resident Cabana boy.
Flawless
Hero Of The Day

Postby mdkilmer » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:27 am

My son has told me not to bother going to his graduation in December '07 because he's not-- "it's no big thing, I'll just pick up my diploma".

No big thing? He's getting his Masters!

I know he's an adult and it's his decision, but I'd have liked to see him accept that piece of paper
<b>"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."</b>

...Albert Schweitzer
mdkilmer
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby spithray » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:50 am

Apologies for arriving in this thread a bit late, but yes, I am also outraged. The only upside is that we don't have to pay for our own ticket. Basically, it works like this:
Cost for me to collect a rolled up piece of paper: £36 for robe hire.
Cost for Mum+1, Dad+1 and child to watch: £85 for 5 tickets.
Cost to have some pictures of me looking a twat: £70 for 'Family Pack'.
So that's £191 before you even consider food, drink, merchandise, etc.
I'm just gonna tell my folks I can't afford it, then they'll have to pay for it cos it's them who want the photos. I'm not arsed.
Incidentally, I probably won't be wearing a bikini under my gown.
Rose: If you're an alien, why do you sound like you're from the north?
Doctor: Lots of planets have a north.
spithray
Outlaw Torn

Postby Makinamess » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:00 am

Well, down in this part of the world, all those graduates who like wearing the silly gowns are wandering around the place this week. What did you two (Bea and Spithray) decide to do in the end ?
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bea » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:34 am

we've been forced into going. SPiths was yesterday and mine is tomorrow. then we're getting drunk. lots. all day.
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Return to Flame Throwers