Time warp

Here is a forum for those among us whose mind is cluttered with factoids that border on useless information. It is a place to obtain such information for future reference.

Time warp

Postby Sandra » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:49 am

If all the members of Brainformation were caught up in some freak time warp and ended up 200 years BC, living as cavemen/women, with no electricity, transport, luxeries, etc etc. Do you think the community would survive and if so what would your role be?
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bea » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:19 am

*its just a jump to the left, and then a step ..*

Well i think if that occurred then we'd survive as a community because we'd all terrified, cold and probably being chased by dinosaurs (am i in the wrong time period?) 200 years before jesus was only 2200 years ago yes? no definately no dinosaurs. But probably some radgy arabs.

I could take on many roles i suppose... chief alcohol tester... bait to lure unsuspecting locals to out cave/tent/house (surely they had houses 2200 years ago?) so we could rape and pillage and steal their camels (i seem to be stuck in the middle east for some reason)

What was going on in rome 2200 years ago? would it have been a kick ass place to live. cos i'm not really keen on sand and i'm wanting to relocate my fantasy elsewhere
“Eyes that do not cry, do not see”
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:21 am

bea wrote:*its just a jump to the left, and then a step ..*

Well i think if that occurred then we'd survive as a community because we'd all terrified, cold and probably being chased by dinosaurs (am i in the wrong time period?) 200 years before jesus was only 2200 years ago yes? no definately no dinosaurs. But probably some radgy arabs.

I could take on many roles i suppose... chief alcohol tester... bait to lure unsuspecting locals to out cave/tent/house (surely they had houses 2200 years ago?) so we could rape and pillage and steal their camels (i seem to be stuck in the middle east for some reason)

What was going on in rome 2200 years ago? would it have been a kick ass place to live. cos i'm not really keen on sand and i'm wanting to relocate my fantasy elsewhere

lol, you know me with numbers, regardless of where I've set it, do you think the Brainformation community would survive :?:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bea » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:25 am

for a time certainly.

Sandra i'm considering this much more deeply than i possibly should. I don't think its healthy :biggrin:
“Eyes that do not cry, do not see”
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:27 am

bea wrote:for a time certainly.

Sandra i'm considering this much more deeply than i possibly should. I don't think its healthy :biggrin:

how do you think I feel, I asked the question :biggrin:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby MargeC » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:34 am

I would run the orgies, they were big into orgies in those days.
Bad Seed
MargeC
Frantic

Postby Sandra » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:44 am

MargeC wrote:I would run the orgies, they were big into orgies in those days.

"TOGA, TOGA, TOGA !!!" :biggrin:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:58 pm

Well, I know I probably wouldn't survive (no meds available then .....) but if we assume that everyone was fit and healthy with no chronic diseases, it would be a blast !

Can I be one of the cooks in charge of the vegetables please ? Messy holds her hand up, oh, and master engineer (bridges a speciality) and lacemaker....

PS Sandra - cave wo/men were a lot earlier than 200 BC but I think we know what you meant .... :lol:

Messy is seriously looking forward to the orgies now...... well come on, it's been donkey's yonks for me ...
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:23 pm

Makinamess wrote:

Can I be one of the cooks in charge of the vegetables please ?

PS Sandra - cave wo/men were a lot earlier than 200 BC but I think we know what you meant .... :lol:

It was only an example, sorry :(

anyways, of course you can be the cook, I'm sure StV will hunt the meat and you can do the veg :shock:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Return to Esoteric Trivia