favourite writer

Be it on the New York Times Best Seller list, or just a favorite book in your personal library, give us your book review and comments in this forum.

favourite writer

Postby Sandra » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:57 am

Who are your favourite writers (fiction, nonfiction)? Why do you like them so much?
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:04 am

my favorites at the moment are Pamela Ribon, Anne Thomas Soffee, Helen Fielding and Sophie Kinsella for fiction.

as for non-fiction i've discovered more than authors but an entire book publishing company!!!!! they are called Public Affair Books. they are PHENOMENAL. there are all sorts of socially conscious books about Darfur, working poor and lots of great subjects. i highly recommend them, especially to you!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby bermbits » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:24 am

I really love Steinbeck and Dickens.

Among today's writers: Ridley Pearson, Lee Child, Andrew Klavan, Harlan Corben, Patricia Cornwell, Robert Ludlum, Nelson DeMille, early Tom Clancy, early Steven King, and Dean Koontz.

I love mysteries/thrillers, and the above are among the best (IMHO).
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Bedford » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:43 pm

In non-fiction, I like Bill Bryson and his travel books, especially the one about the AT.

Anything Ann Coulter or Bernard Goldberg is also tremendous.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby Valleysailor » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:26 pm

I have always enjoyed Marion Zimmer Bradley, Patrica Cornwell and John Grisham. They are my top three, although only Cornwell & Grisham are still alive and writing. Actually I normally prefer non-fiction works. Have not been reading much lately -- watery eyes need checking and probably will need READING glasses, thank you very much DAMNIT all!
There is no education in the second kick of the mule.
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Postby meadow » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:46 pm

i love Marion Zimmer Bradley! Mists of Avalon is probably really my all time favorite book. i've re-read it at least a dozen times. once a year i drag it out and remember why i love it so much. the other "parts" of the bigger story are good but for me nothing compares to that book!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby solana » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:50 pm

I like Bradleys Mists of Avalon... not so much her other work..
I like

Charles de Lint

Mary Doria Russell

Alice Hoffman

John G Neihardt

Brian Weiss

John O'Donohue

and

Daniel Quinn

to name a few....

I read a lot!
.fcv/v"
solana
Hero Of The Day

Postby ohlia » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:57 pm

I don't have a favourite; I read a lot of everything.
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Return to Reading